We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just an idea..

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,346 posts
Save Topic
just an idea..

TA is a well known site and people keep coming to the greek forums with many questions..it seems to me that the few people kindly answering them have to repeat the same answers again and again and some times can't catch up.

what if there is a permanent post on the top of the greek forum like the other 3 that suggests to newcomers to type their questions in the researcher of the specific forum of the area they are interested in?these questions have been answered many times and it's much more easier for both parts...you just type any question(for example car rental in the chania forum) .. and the answers pop out..if only all the newcomers knew that..

i could write the post but i don't know how to make it stay on the top like the 3 others..hoping for some help with that from the experts.

Edited: 09 September 2013, 16:08
West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just an idea..

Or you could type your question into the search box and see what comes up. Just a thought.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,346 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: just an idea..

@roy and lin i'll do that ..along with an iq test ..lol..

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,840 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just an idea..

There are already many links available if they just look up the "Top questions about...." on the top right of the dedicated forums. Some examples:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g189398-s1/Greece:Ins…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189398-i192-k2698…

Edited: 09 September 2013, 17:00
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,346 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: just an idea..

yes greek traveller,but they seem to be of general context..as you know many questions are something like ''where can i watch football in skala?'' or ''what excursions can i take from zante'' etc

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,840 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just an idea..

These I have linked to are from the "Greece" forum, but if anyone has written anything dedicated to the specific islands you should find information likewise there.

6. Re: just an idea..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 06:21