We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Help !

Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Help !

My daughter and son in law want to spend 7 to 10 days in Greece in mid-May for their honeymoon and asked for my help to find a good place since they know nothing about Greece. Problem is I also know nothing about it. They want some place that is romantic and on the sea or just a "cute village."(my daughter's words) They like nice things (good places to eat, nice views, etc) but also like to be a little adventurous (snorkel or even scuba diving, maybe horseback riding, or maybe 4-wheeling) They also would consider some time on a sailboat. They can budget up to $3000 for the lodging. Anyone have some suggestions??

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Help !

Hi there

I'm just politely curious as to why they have chosen Greece for their honeymoon when you say that they know absolutely nothing about it? What they really need to do first is to sit down with a good guide book ( Rough Guide is hard to beat) and read it through, making a list along the way of places/islands/resorts that appeal to them based on their personal preferences, then come back to those specific forums with some questions. We all have our favourite locations in Greece but a honeymoon is a special time and they need to ensure that they pick exactly what they want, rather than what we suggest. Plenty here ready to help but they really do need to do a bit of homework first. Thanks.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,627 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Help !

Greece has hundreds - even thousands - of places on the islands which will meet the preferences you have stated. The Greek islands are gathered in different archipelagos. Like GB says - look up a good guide book and narrow their choices, then return here for some more specific questions.

The main archipelagos are Cyclades:

North Aegean:

and then Crete is the largest island and a main goal on its own:

Mentioned in this post
South Aegean, Greece
South Aegean, Greece
3. Re: Honeymoon Help !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 06:20