We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passsport validity period for Greece

4 posts
Save Topic
Passsport validity period for Greece

I have a trip to Greece confirmed from 9/24/13 to 9/30/13. My passport expires in February 2014. Will I be allowed into the country?

4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Passsport validity period for Greece

I should have added - I am travelling to Greece from the USA.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passsport validity period for Greece

Hi there

Yes you will, there are no requirements for a passport's validity to run beyond the date you intend returning home although of course, it makes sense to allow a short amount of additional time to cater for any delays, cancellations and the like that could affect your date to leave Greece and thus, run over the validity of you passport. But you have three or four months leeway, so no issues whatsoever.

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Passsport validity period for Greece

Oh, thank you so much for your rapid reply. I have sunk every last dollar into this trip, and I began hearing rumors about a 90-day and six-month validity period requirement beyond the stay for USA citizens. I was in panic mode. Again, thank you!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,679 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passsport validity period for Greece

According to the Greek rules given here US citizens' passports must have a validity for three months beyond their length of stay:

www.worldtravelguide.net/greece/passport-visa

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Passsport validity period for Greece

Thank you very much for your help Sir. It is greatly appreciated.

6. Re: Passsport validity period for Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 05:17