We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greece - Where to go??

Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Greece - Where to go??

Hi all, I am planning a family holiday for Greece next year however I am really struggling to choose from the abundance of beautiful islands/resorts. I have been to Greece a few times as a teenager... Family holiday to Kalamaki then twice to Corfu (kavos) for a girls holiday! So I am a little out of sorts as to where to go... If someone can advise it would be greatly appreciated we are a young family itch being 26 and our daughter being 5. We like entertainment in the evenings with something going on for the little one too, but also like to escape and be in a lazy laid back reastuarant. The only think I can use as a comparison as too what we like is Turkey, we went to marmaris this year and this was far too much like Blackpool far to big as spa resort to walk in the sunshine with A 5 year old and nothing traditional about it, however we also went to altinkum which had lovely lazy back street reastuarants and then to walk round the corner to a something going on would be ideal. If anyone can relate to what I am trying to describe please help me. Kalamaki for us was too quiet but we wouldn't want to go to laganas!! Advice greatly appreciated. :)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,798 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Greece - Where to go??

there are tons of suggestions that could fit the bill..first of all i would take a look at the direct flights from the airport you are going to fly from back home to greek islands..that will narrow the choices a bit..after that maybe come back with a short list of islands you are interested in and ask for more specific details for them..

more details would be helpful...are you going to rent a car or use local transportation..are you going with a package or Self catering?what is your daily budget for accomodation,etc?

2. Re: Greece - Where to go??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 05:18