We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination Ideas for 2014 in Greece

Lancaster, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
Destination Ideas for 2014 in Greece

Hi,

I am looking for any destination ideas for a group of 5 lads aged from 24 - 28 to Greece in May/June next year (2014). We woud like somewhere with good nightlife, not somewhere as extreme as Magaluf, Ibiza etc but a bit more lively than our last holiday in Alcudia. We would like ideally to have somewhere that has that sort of level of nightlife and a good amount of fellow holiday makers, near beaches and with the oppurtunity to go on interesting excursions if we wish to and with a good amount of Sun.

Thanks alot

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,932 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination Ideas for 2014 in Greece

hi..first of all timing is important..the later you go in the summer season the more people you will find ..around start to mid july things start to pick up in the islands..in greece nightlife is not as extreme as magaluf(except for malia,laganas and kavos)..mykonos is also famous for its nightlife,but too expensive..

anywhere else in greece the nightlife is ''good'',meaning you will not see people vometing around etc..since i am not sure how intense nightlife you are looking for..

maybe take a look at ios..it is known as a''party island'' but not a so loutish and trashy like malia or other resorts..it is a nice little island and has options for excursions,water sports etc.. it is cheap too,. ..it is known as a ''nightlife'' island targetting to young groups like yours...far out beach bar is where the crowds party at daytime and at night in the bars..but it has more to offer,not only young people who want to party go to ios..take a look here to get an idea..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot2HsEFr0ys

if it is too much for you,any other place except the ones i have mentioned has a ''normal'' nightlife..i've experienced nightlife in many greek islands and was satisfied

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,932 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination Ideas for 2014 in Greece

if you go at may or early june there won't be many crowds,so nothing as intense as ibiza

Bromyard, United...
Level Contributor
477 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination Ideas for 2014 in Greece

I suggest you start of by looking at where you can fly direct from your local airport. This will narrow the choices down a bit, and you can then ask some more specific questions on the forums. Also, Laganas is not wild 18-30 all summer long - the main months are late June - end of august. Before and after then it is much more low key. I guess that many other "party" resorts may well be the same.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Destination Ideas for 2014 in Greece

Hi there

May sees the holiday season just starting and most places won't be busy at all. June is busier but if you want guaranteed fun and games, you're better off lokking at July and August, although prices for holidays tend to be more expensive then as it is peak season.

Take a look at Stalis in Crete, it's lively without being OTT, has a great beach, loads of bars and tavernas, and sits bang between the island's two party resorts of Malia and Hersonissos, so if you do want a good blow out one night, either place is a short bus or taxi ride away.

5. Re: Destination Ideas for 2014 in Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 16:05
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Destination Ideas for 2014 in Greece

The above link appears to be a website geared towards gay and lesbian holidays, did the original poster here say that either he or his mates were gay then because I certainly didn't notice that they did.

Lancaster, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Destination Ideas for 2014 in Greece

GB you would be correct, there was no mention of any of the five of us being gay, (however we are sure one of us might be that way enclined) haha

Lancaster, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Destination Ideas for 2014 in Greece

Thanks for this, we will have a look

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,995 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Destination Ideas for 2014 in Greece

If you can push back you time out later June then you might want to consider Ios. It is certainly a party island. It is about an hour and a half ferry ride from Santorini.

If you are looking for spectacular views you can catch a flight to Santorini and spend a couple of nights there. Get a hotel with a caldera view in the main town Fira which also had good nightlife. This will be expensive but certainly worthwhile. Then hop the ferry to Ios.

darlington
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Destination Ideas for 2014 in Greece

Me and 3 other girls are off to malia 10th of june.. Stayin in village oasis, apparently thts in the old town.. Few mins walk from the strip ! Have a look there :)