We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crete bus fare

Joensuu, Finland
3 posts
Save Topic
Crete bus fare

Hello, I've seen a lot of information about bus fare between the major towns/destinations, or airports in Crete. Those information are everywhere, like this bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php… the price fare are only the price for the end destinations I think. Or all the price are the same for each route, no matter how far you take the bus???

I can't find the bus fare or seen anybody mentionied a single short trip from a point to another point, for example, if I want to go from Hania to Stalos, OR from Stalos to Agia Marina, OR from Hania to Agia Marina, a single short trip like this, how much does it cost? how much is the return ticket?

Do they offer any two-day or three-day or weekly ticket? It might be cheaper? Things like this.

I hope my questions make some sens. Hope to hear some information from the people who's been there, and has got experience with it. Thank you very much!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,117 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crete bus fare

There are no 'season tickets' as such, the normal thing is to buy singles as you go.

You are correct, the fares quoted are for the full journey, and you will be relieved to hear that they are less for smaller distances!

For a short distance of, say, up to 10km, it will be a maximum of about €2.

You can see from this timetable that the fare from Chania to Pano Stalos is only €1.60, and Chania - Kolibari is €3.30:

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

So I would expect Chania - AM to be about €2.20. Stalos - AM is only a very short distance, but I don't know what the minimum fare is - probably €1.50 or so.

Joensuu, Finland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Crete bus fare

Thank you very much for your reply! :)

3. Re: Crete bus fare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 05:20