We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help for 18 Day Itinerary - Paris Italy Greece

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Help for 18 Day Itinerary - Paris Italy Greece

Hi TA mates,

Its my first time planning a 18-day itinerary for May 2014, need some advice on whether this itinerary works. Here's the itinerary:

Day 1

Singapore > Paris

Arrive early morning via overnight flight

Day 2

Paris

Day 3

Overnight train Paris > Milan > Florence

Day 4

Arrive in Florence

Day 5

Florence 1 day Tuscany tour

Day 6

Morning train Florence > Venice

Day 7

Venice in the day

Overnight flight Venice > Athens, stopover Barcelona

Day 8

Athens

Topdeck's 10-day Greek Isand Hopper tour starts here

https:/…greek-island-hopper

Day 18

Athens > Singapore (overnight flight again)

Questions:

1. Is this itinerary feasible? Would it be too hectic to try for Paris, Florence and venice on top of our 10 days in greece?

2. I'm trying to save a bit on accommodations by taking as many overnight transportation as possible, but would it tire us out? Would it be worth it?

3. During our stopover in Barcelona from midnight to 9am, would there be anything for us to do?

4. I've heard that 1 day in Venice would be sufficient, is it true?

5. We've heard that the overnight train (thello) from paris to florence will be discontinued after dec 2013, thus we are thinking of taking the overnight train to milan, then changing trains to florence. Is there an alternative train route? We'd like to experience sleeper trains in europe, and save money on accoms as well.

I'm worried that we might be really exhausted in the first portion of the trip, but hopefully we'll get plenty or R&R in Santorini and the other greek islands!

Any suggestions or feedback on the itinerary would be appreciated, thank you!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,684 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help for 18 Day Itinerary - Paris Italy Greece

I really can't see this being possible, even though you are going on sleeper trains etc. Most of the time you will be in transfer, seeing the inside of railway wagons, getting to and from airports, flying, checking in and out (unpack and pack), transport to and from railway stations and airports.

When do you find the time to actually see and experience the places you aim to visit ?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help for 18 Day Itinerary - Paris Italy Greece

Hi there

Certainly, the first part of your schedule leaves me breathless - one full day for all that Paris can offer, one day for Venice, and day 7, is that right? - you intend flying from Venice to Athens via Barcelona? Barcelona's in completely the opposite direction to Athens from Venice. That can't be right surely?

I agree with greek-traveller, it's a massive amount of travelling and precious little time to relax and actually see and absorb what you're travelling a long way to see.

Three countries in 16 full days is too much, you can't hope to see much at all. As far as the island hopper tour's concerned, how many ports of call are there within those 10 days, several I would imagine, this will be equally as hectic as the first part of the trip.

The maths is simple, take those 10 days out of the equation and it leaves you with 6 full days for Paris, Florence, Venice, Tuscany, Athens and Barcelona (??), way too much and a staggering amount of your available time spent in transit.

3. Re: Help for 18 Day Itinerary - Paris Italy Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 05:18