Hi TA mates,
Its my first time planning a 18-day itinerary for May 2014, need some advice on whether this itinerary works. Here's the itinerary:
Singapore > Paris
Arrive early morning via overnight flight
Arrive in Florence
Florence 1 day Tuscany tour
Morning train Florence > Venice
Venice in the day
Topdeck's 10-day Greek Isand Hopper tour starts here
Athens > Singapore (overnight flight again)
1. Is this itinerary feasible? Would it be too hectic to try for Paris, Florence and venice on top of our 10 days in greece?
2. I'm trying to save a bit on accommodations by taking as many overnight transportation as possible, but would it tire us out? Would it be worth it?
3. During our stopover in Barcelona from midnight to 9am, would there be anything for us to do?
4. I've heard that 1 day in Venice would be sufficient, is it true?
5. We've heard that the overnight train (thello) from paris to florence will be discontinued after dec 2013, thus we are thinking of taking the overnight train to milan, then changing trains to florence. Is there an alternative train route? We'd like to experience sleeper trains in europe, and save money on accoms as well.
I'm worried that we might be really exhausted in the first portion of the trip, but hopefully we'll get plenty or R&R in Santorini and the other greek islands!
Any suggestions or feedback on the itinerary would be appreciated, thank you!