We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

three weeks in Greece itinerary June 2014

Te Anau, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
three weeks in Greece itinerary June 2014

I am hoping to spend three weeks in Greece. I can't decide on the best way to travel from Istanbul? Other destinations are Croatia and Italy. At the moment my planned route is Istanbul fly to Crete, ferry to Santorini, ferry to Naxos then maybe Paros then to Athens?? Or should I go Istanbul fly to Athens, ferry to Naxos then Santorini, then Crete fly to Zagreb, Split or Dubrovnik or Rome? After Greece I am spending time in Italy and Croatia but unsure how to get to these places easily or in which direction? Should I do Croatia before Greece? Can you help? I am a fit 46 year old travelling with my partner on a bit of a budget but intend to do something extravagant in Santorini, not up to clubbing or partying just looking for great places, scenary, great food, wine, beaches and good old relaxing!!

Corfu Town, Greece
Level Contributor
177 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: three weeks in Greece itinerary June 2014

When do you plan to come? It is important, as some destinations as Crete have charter flights in high season with other greek destinations, as well as with other cities abroad.

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,839 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: three weeks in Greece itinerary June 2014

For the Turkey to Greece portion of your trip, your first option sounds best. I haven't seen any non-stop flights from Istanbul to Crete, so you'll have to connect in Athens. Working your way back to Athens from the south to the north seems most efficient, and I suspect it will be far easier to fly from Athens to your next destination than from Heraklion; I'm pretty sure you'd have to connect in Athens anyway.

Sorry I can't help much on your onward itinerary; I've been trying to tie in a trip to Greece with Croatia, but there don't seem to be many, if any, reasonable flight options. Athens to Rome I've done with no trouble at all.

Edited: 15 December 2013, 13:20
Corfu Town, Greece
Level Contributor
177 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: three weeks in Greece itinerary June 2014

Sorry, I didnt see the June part.I did a quick check and there arent , until now, direct flights from Santorini or Crete to Rome etc.So I think it is a matter of the departure city, what deal you are going to find.I think that if you can find a direct flight from Instabul to an island, then make an island tour, then back to Athens and fly from there to Rome or Zagreb.It would be easier if you didnt go to Crete and instead you travel in the Ionian sea.For example, from Corfou you can take a boat to Italy, or make a cruise to Italy and Croatia.

4. Re: three weeks in Greece itinerary June 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2014, 05:17