We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly from Naxos to Izmir, Turkey?

New York
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Fly from Naxos to Izmir, Turkey?

Hi there,

Has anyone ever flown from Naxos to Izmir, Turkey? How frequent are flights and how long would they take? How much would they cost and on what airline(s)?

Does anyone have a local contact in Naxos that I could get in touch with to purchase plane tickets locally so that they might be cheaper?

We were planning on taking ferries to Samos, then Kusadasi, but flying would save a lot of time and get us there over a day earlier since they don't run every day to Samos...

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
427 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly from Naxos to Izmir, Turkey?

The only scheduled flights I am aware of are the once daily Olympic airlines flight from/to Athens and Tyrolean airlines occasional flights to Vienna !

There may be other flights occasionally and private planes but that's about it !

Naxos Airport is very small and has a short runway that cannot accommodate large jets ( and long may this continue ) !!

I think that your only chance of a flight would be via Athens.

Hope this helps, Mikri.

Level Contributor
652 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fly from Naxos to Izmir, Turkey?

there are no flights from naxos to izmir but there are regular ferries from naxos to samos (vathi) you can then get the bus from kusadasi to izmir it takes about 90 mins.

3. Re: Fly from Naxos to Izmir, Turkey?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 23:17