We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Room/Apartment recommendations in Naxos

Greensburg...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/Room/Apartment recommendations in Naxos

My husband and I are planning a two week trip to Naxos in September. We plan on spending one week in Naxos Town and the second week in another village. We are looking for simple, clean, budget-friendly places. Our main goal is to relax on the beach. Can anyone recommend specific accommodations on the beach? Also, any suggestions for where we should spend week two?

Thanks

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,887 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/Room/Apartment recommendations in Naxos

One great thing about Naxos town you can have all the benefits of the town activities but still stay on a beach. st George beach is directly adjacent to Naxos town. That is where we always stay. Everything is within walking distance.

However it is hard to recommend a hotel without a budget.

St George beach is lined with small family run hotels in a wide range of prices. Do you want a kitchenette, luxury or are you more budget conscious.

Anyway here are images of several hotels at St George that we are familiar with.

St George Beach Hotels Naxos

flickr.com/photos/…

And nearby Naxos town (Chora)

Naxos Town

flickr.com/photos/…

For a second week you can head out to the west coast beaches. Aggia Anna and Ag Procopios have good beaches and attached villages. Personally I would go out a bit further to Plaka beach. No village but about 5 tavernas spread out over a 3 km stretch of beach.

Plaka Beach Naxos

flickr.com/photos/…

If it were me I would spend my first week at the west coast beaches and the second week in Naxos town. Things start to slow down in the shoulder season and people tend to start to congregate closer to town the later the season gets,

If you get tired of nothing but beaches Naxos has rugged scenery and lovely mountain villages. it is well worth renting a car and exploring. We had a car for three days last June and never actually got to see the whole island.

Actually if it were me I would just stay in one location. Changing hotels is a pain and a time waster.

Trip around Naxos flickr.com/photos/…

Have fun planning

Edited: 20 January 2014, 17:35
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,036 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/Room/Apartment recommendations in Naxos

I agree with stanbr and his recommendation to stay in one place. September is an excellent time to go - the weather is still nice and warm, and the main tourist visitors will be leaving. This also makes it most convenient to stay close to town - rather use time to explore with town as the hub.

To give you some further idea of Naxos look up this blog from donnyb:

mygreecetravelblog.com/2014/…

If you should aim to stay in one of the villages in the interior you will find accomodation offers in Chalki, Filoti, Apollonas and Koronos.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g189431-c163441/Nax…

It is also possible to do day excursions to surrounding islands:

greeka.com/cyclades/…naxos-tours.htm

Greensburg...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/Room/Apartment recommendations in Naxos

Thank you both for the information. Perhaps we could just stay in town and explore the other villages by rental car. Our biggest requirements for lodging are a kitchenette, a balcony with ocean views, and walking distance to the beach. Our budget is approximately $500 US dollars (360 euros). I am hoping that is reasonable for the month of September.

Greensburg...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/Room/Apartment recommendations in Naxos

I should clarify, our budget for lodging is $500 per week.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,887 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel/Room/Apartment recommendations in Naxos

Hi Brittania. Thanks for getting back to us. You should be thinking in terms of Euros so we are all talking about the same thing. So you are looking at 50 euro per night. Sometimes you can get a weekly rate if you negotiate.

Of the hotels I recommended your best bet would be Studio Kalergis which has rooms with kitchenettes and it is right on the beach. Another nice alternative is hotel Spiros with kitchens but about 200 meters from the beach. it does have a pool and because of its position you can probably get a better weekly rate. Some of the units have ocean views. I have heard good things about Studio Naxos and Villa Naxia but don't know them well enough to recommend. If you are on really tight budget you could look at Studios Glaros. It will be well under your budget. Iit is located about 300 meters from the beach in a residential neighborhood but it has nice rooms. Thats where we always stay because we like to mingle with the locals to get a more true taste of Greece. You can find images on the album I posted and can contact them at Boutique hotel Glaros same owners.

Oops ignore that no Ocean views.

6. Re: Hotel/Room/Apartment recommendations in Naxos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 05:18