This will be our first trip to Greece (couple on 30s). Would you be able to advise/comments on our 9 days plan from Friday, 11 April to Sunday 20 April: Athens-Meteora-Santorini? As it is Easter week over there, please advise of the best options for transport-accomodation and sightseeing purposes, We like sight seeing, scenery,culture and festivals (Not a party/clubbing type couple).
Friday,11 April , Athens airport arrival at noon -stay in Athens so we still have half afternoon to explore plaka and surrounding (acropolis if possible), hotel in Plaka
Sunday, Easter 20 April, Athens Airport departure at noon.
Trip: Athen-Santorini-Athen by ferry, Athen-Meteora-Athen by train, walk/bus for getting around.
Therefore, the remaining 8 days will be: 2 days in Meteora, 3 days in Santorini, another 1-2 days in Athens on top on my first half afternoon on arrival) and either 1-2 days left either Hidra, one of other island.
Then the difficult part:
1. Where is best to spent our Easter Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Saturday?
2. Would I get a problem for my airport departure on Easter Sunday from Athens (Trying to get back to Athens at least Saturday night for Sunday departure)
3. If Santorini is the end of my trip (Thursday-Saturday easter), Would I get a problem with the ferry to Athens on Saturday? Should I buy ferry ticket in advance to guarantee the spot?
4. Better Easter weekend at Meteora or Santorini or Athens? in term of things to see/experience..
5. Meteora: is it safe to walk around at night, I meant if we want to see the sunset, then it will be so dark when climbing down back to the village. (or if going for sunrise, then climb up in darkness)
Thanks so much for your kind advice/suggestions.