We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Piraeus to Bodrum, By Ferry--best way

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
187 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Piraeus to Bodrum, By Ferry--best way

Hi

I am going on a tour of Greece and then I plan on visiting a friend who lives in Didim, Turkey. I've looked and see I can take a ferry from Piraeus-->Kos. its 12.5 hrs, so will have to spend the nite in Kos, then take the ferry or high speed catamaran to Bodrum. I can then take a bus to Didim.

Can anyone tell me if there is a high speed boat from Pir. to Kos? and if its really expensive in mid July? I am going one way-flying home from Istanbul etc. so only need 1 way transport to Didim. Also I dont mind taking the long route, as this is my vacation, might be a fun 12.5 ride on the ferry..viewing the Aegean. Is there a relatively cheap but clean nice hotel near the ferry area in Kos? Sorry so many questions but thought this might be a fun way to go to Didim. Any information would be most appreciated. I planned on leaving early in the morning, getting to Kos, spending the night...then taking the ferry or catamaran to Bodrum the next day. Thx! Soleil

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Piraeus to Bodrum, By Ferry--best way

Hey welcome SoleilLosAngeles:-) You can find ferry schedules at www.gtp.gr/ www.openseas.gr/ No fast cats on this route I think;-) Have you considered a quick flight that takes under an hour?;-) You can check both www.olympicair.com/ www.aegeanair.com/ that are in the process of merging.. sometimes, the rate can rival the ferry costs saving you loads of time.. unless, of course, you're looking for the adventure;-) If looking a place to stay.. or any general info on Kos.. best to post in it's Dedicated Forum for better exposure to those in the know to find you and help out;-) Best.. and EnJOY!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Piraeus to Bodrum, By Ferry--best way

Thank you so much for your response, yes, I think I will end up flying now--I didnt know I could fly direct to Bodrum, I thought i would have to fly to Istanbul and then to Bodrum..but I will check out the direct flight from Athens to Bodrum..thx very much!!! Wish I had the time to take the ferry...maybe next time! I'll be going on a 10 day tour of Greece beforehand..cant wait! I am so excited..never been!

Boston...
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from Piraeus to Bodrum, By Ferry--best way

Hi, I think Litsa means taking the plane from Athens to Kos and then going from Kos to Bodrum.. I don't think Aegean has a direct flight from Athens to Kos. But still, taking the plane from Athens to Kos would be preferable if you don't have many days since it less than an hour, while the ferry is 12-13 hours.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from Piraeus to Bodrum, By Ferry--best way

Hey again Soleil.. and my pleasure.. and yes, what hswav says;-)) I did mean a flight to Kos.. and yes, it's direct;-) You can ferry across to the Turkish coast;-)) Stay excited.. and keep enjoyin'!

Edited: 10 February 2014, 05:20
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling from Piraeus to Bodrum, By Ferry--best way

Oh riiight...yes, I see what you mean---I had thought to fly Athens-->Istanbul, change planes then Bodrum...4 hrs..but I now see that I can fly to Kos..then take the ferry over--much quicker and cheaper..thx very much! I am assuming July 15th will be really busy so I can book my tickets early to make sure the ferry and plane doesnt get sold out...thx again for clarifying!

6. Re: Traveling from Piraeus to Bodrum, By Ferry--best way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:17