We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time before a flight Athens-Santorini

Québec, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Time before a flight Athens-Santorini

Hi everyone !

In June, I'll will be flying from Montreal, Canada to Athens. Our arrival time planned is 7:30 AM. We want to book a flight Athens-Santorini for the same day. There are two differents flights options for Santorini : 10:30 AM or 13:05 PM. Of course, we are most interested by the earlier flight but I'm afraid of being lacking time in case of a delay of our first flight Montreal-Athens. What would you suggest me base on your personnal experiences ? I don't want a lose 6 hours in a airport instead of enjoying a cocktail by the pool in Santorini ! :) In the same time, we cannot plan a possible delay...

Thank you for your advices !

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time before a flight Athens-Santorini

Hey and welcome Amely81:-) This is purely a personal call.. your risk tolerance rules:-) With that early morning arrival.. you'll have plenty of time to go through formalities and check in for your Santorini flight within a 3 hour time spread.. of course, if there's no considerable delay! Granted, the 1p flight offers a 5.5 hour time spread.. still not so bad considering you'll actually end up with about 3.5 full spare hours where you can head outside and go across the Street.. have that drink at the Sofitel doing some people watching;-) The airport is extremely user-friendly all under 1 roof or terminal building.. lots of shops, eateries as well as a small Museum with artifacts found while they were building the new terminal on display:-) So again, personal call.. go with the one sit right in your gut.. either way, you'll be there in time for a nice lunch.. and drinks;)) EnjoY!

Québec, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time before a flight Athens-Santorini

Thank you so much !

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time before a flight Athens-Santorini

My pleasure Amely81:-) Let us know how the planning goes;-) Keep us posted.. keep enjoyin'!

Québec, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time before a flight Athens-Santorini

Hi :)

Do you have any tips of must-see for me ? I will be visiting Athens (2 days), Santorini (3 days), Naxos (3 days) and Mykonos (2 days). I plan to go for a one day trip to Paros while being in Naxos. I also plan to book ferries (between Santorini-Naxos and Naxos-Mykonos) once I will be in Greece. Considering June is not really in hight season...do you think it's ok ?

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,761 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time before a flight Athens-Santorini

For Naxos look up this:

http://www.naxos-greece.org/

6. Re: Time before a flight Athens-Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 06:18