We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Travel Throughout Greece

New York City, New...
9 posts
Save Topic
Cheap Travel Throughout Greece

Hi,

What are the cheapest options of travel from city to city in Greece?

I'm talking about long distances, like Athens to Thessaloniki.

I heard that you could purchase a metro/bus pass. Could someone please explain how this works, cost, whether it's usable for long distance travel within Greece or restricted to one city, is it worth it, etc

Thanks!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,935 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Travel Throughout Greece

hi..the cheapest way to get from town to town is the intercity bus (named KTEL) ..

you need to be a bit more specific about the cities you are interested in..some sites of the KTEL bus stations are only in greek,so i can give you the schedules ou are interested in.

here is the intercity bus site to get from thessaloniki to another city..

http://www.ktelmacedonia.gr/en/home/list/

each town has its own KTEL bus station ..if you state which towns you are interested in i can give you their KTEL sites,or the bus schedules if the site is in greek only..

the tickets you refer to as far as i am aware of are only for a city..i am nt too sure what they include nowadays,as i don't use pubic transport anymore,so i hope someone else jumps in.

New York City, New...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Travel Throughout Greece

You're so nice! Thank you!

Specifically, I'm looking to travel from :

Athens - Delphi

Athens - Thessaloniki

Thessaloniki - Meteora.

I would appreciate it if anyone could give insight regarding the cost of KTEL tickets for these travel Ventures as well.

Once again, thank you!

3. Re: Cheap Travel Throughout Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 05:19