We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning A Holiday In September - Help Please

Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Planning A Holiday In September - Help Please

Hello Trip Advisor,

My girlfriend and I are planning to visit Greece in September, flying from Bristol, UK for around 7-10 days. Neither of us have been to Greece before and we are a little lost with where to stay!

We are looking for a nice, relaxing time, going out for drinks but not clubbing. We'll be looking at doing some activities; jet skiing and other bits, and some sight seeing, but mainly relaxing pool/beach side. Would like to avoid something too touristy. Ideally we would like to go All Inclusive, but will be visiting the local restaurants a couple of times.

Budget wise, we've set ourselves a fairly tight budget of £500 (€ 600) per person for flight and hotel...hopefully this is enough.

As there are so many islands and locations to choose from, we are having a hard time narrowing it down. Please could you help us out with some advice? Thank you!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,226 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning A Holiday In September - Help Please

Hi,

If you are flying into Athens you could consider one of the nearby Saronic Gulf islands:

visitgreece.gr/en/…argosaronic_islands

Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning A Holiday In September - Help Please

Thanks Ajarn, we haven't booked flights yet so open to all options, thanks!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning A Holiday In September - Help Please

Hi Matt and welcome,

I think £500 is being a bit optimistic for All Inclusive. Also judging by other comments over the past year Greece does not do AI very well as many of the hotels are family run and owned rather than big international affairs.

To save money you need to look at where you can fly to from Bristol. This will give people a better chance to help you.

Bob

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning A Holiday In September - Help Please

You can't fly to Athens from Bristol. Easyjet fly from Bristol to Crete and Corfu so have a look to see what the fares are like for September.

There are package charters also from Bristol to Kefalonia, Zakynthos, Kos, Rhodes and Skiathos. Flight only is usually very expensive so better to book a package if you choose one of these islands.

Most of these islands will offer what you're looking for. Eating out in Greece is cheap and a great part of the experience so I would give AI a miss. Try booking.com for accommodation if you are not buying a package.

Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning A Holiday In September - Help Please

Thanks for the replies.

We're happy to forgo AI if it works out better in terms of getting a nice place to stay. I think we've decided on Corfu due to the flights out of Bristol, so any recommendations there?

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning A Holiday In September - Help Please

If you post a question on the Corfu forum with details of the sort of place you are looking for, I'm sure you will get some suggestions. Or if you look through the Corfu forum you'll find plenty of suggestions that have already been given to others.

7. Re: Planning A Holiday In September - Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 05:20