We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple holiday to Greece, what destination?

england
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Couple holiday to Greece, what destination?

Me and my boyfriend are thinking of going to Greece in July this year for a weeks holiday.

We don't have any idea of nice places to go, we are looking for something romantic with a nice hotel for couples.

If you have any nice ideas, please do let me know.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,346 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple holiday to Greece, what destination?

hi and welcome..we need a bit more info from you..what is your budget in euros for hotel,planes etc?will you rent a car or use the buses?what type of accommodation,self catering?and most importand what do you want to do in this trip?relaxing,sight seeing,sea sports etc?

england
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple holiday to Greece, what destination?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. We are looking to pay £800 for the full holiday. I am not to bothered if this includes all inclusive or self cartering. If we can get a nice hotel with a decent all inclusive menu then that would be fine for us, we tend not to go all inclusive as we like to eat out in restaurants. We are looking for something with a bit of nightlife, not to lively just some bars with bit of entertainment on night as we are only in early 20s. We also like to do things during day like visit zoos etc.

Any recommendations are much apreciates. :)

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
1,929 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple holiday to Greece, what destination?

There are hundreds of places in Greece that would be suitable.

if I were you I'd get a decent guidebook to Greece, choose two or three islands that you like the sound of and then come back and ask more specific questions on the relevant forums. You'll get a better response that way otherwise all you'll get is a long list of people recommending their favourite places and you're likely to be just as confused as before.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,346 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Couple holiday to Greece, what destination?

dr cheese is correct..but it would help a lot to narrow it down to search which greek islands have a direct flight to your local airport..that way your options will be narrowed down a bit..once you have a list of those islands come back and ask more about them..

i assume it's 800 each?

england
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couple holiday to Greece, what destination?

Yes £800 each. I am thinking maybe Crete ? Id also love to visit santorini for the day. Would that be possible? Do you have any recommendations in Crete?

Thank you

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couple holiday to Greece, what destination?

Hi there

You don't mention where you live but it would pay to find out from your local travel agency which islands are available on a direct flight basis from your closest airport. No good decidding upon an island and then finding it's a 300 mile round trip to the closest airport where you can fly from.

Crete is available from most regional UK airports so assuming you can get to Crete , again, there are 100s of possibilities on what is a huge island. You can visit Santorini as a day trip, certainly from Rethymno on the north coast and possibly from the capital Iraklion so it would make sense to stay soemwhere reasonably close to one of the other of those places. The day trips are expensive, around €130 each and you don't get that much time on Santorini.

So, have a look at a guide book to Crete ( Rough Guide is excellent), get a feel for the island as to where the main resorts are located, and then post again for some specific help.

england
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couple holiday to Greece, what destination?

I'm from North East England. Thank you for your help I will defiantly have a look into it

8. Re: Couple holiday to Greece, what destination?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 05:20