We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Europe for a beach holiday in July?

Blenheim, New...
7 posts
Save Topic
Where to go in Europe for a beach holiday in July?

My partner and I, mid 20's, will be in Europe for a wedding in late June. We are going to France for a week to (fleetingly) explore Champagne, Sancerre, and Burgundy (I am a viticulturist in New Zealand). Afterwards, we would like to spend 4 nights relaxing on a beautiful beach somewhere in Europe, where we can soak up some European culture, sun, and enjoy some nice local food and wine (& beer). I know the first week in July is smack bang in the middle of the peak season, so I am aware that we need to be mindful our "relaxing break" does not break the bank, and would appreciate cost effective suggestions. Suggestions given to me have included Croatia, Greece, Spain (San Sebastian, Barcelona), Portugal, Italy and so on... but inside advice from the travelling community would be much appreciated. This will be my first European beach holiday, and I would love it to be memorable! We will be travelling ex Paris (if that helps).

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in Europe for a beach holiday in July?

Hi there

Any of the countries with a Mediterranean/Adriatic/Aegean coastline can offer what you want in July, the list is long and individual resorts within those choices almost infinite. Have a read of a good guide to Europe, Rough Guides is excellent, and narrow the field down a bit first.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in Europe for a beach holiday in July?

If it's just 3 days, personally I would stay in France,

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,314 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in Europe for a beach holiday in July?

Hi,

Just one thing to add to GBfromDevises' comments. First week in July is just coming into peak season but not nearly as busy as August.

Bob

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in Europe for a beach holiday in July?

Hey and welcome duggsonline:-) Considering you'd be flying from/to Paris (am guessing r/t and flying out internationally from Paris?:-) I'd be looking at a close-by destination for 4 days.. like Spain .. or possibly Portugal?! The Algarve (which is actually in the Atlantic) has some magnificent beaches.. you can check to see what's available out of Paris to Faro .. the Algarve coastline is not that huge.. loads of places to base and take in a nice relaxing beach stay in area for a few days;-) Best and EnJOY!

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go in Europe for a beach holiday in July?

I think Mariha has the right idea. Stay in France, the Brittany coast line is attractive, lots of marvellous seafood, the main french holidays are in August and you'll save yourself two days of travelling.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go in Europe for a beach holiday in July?

There's some really nice places in the South-west of France. Its the Atlantic coast but the weather is usually very good late June onwards. as others have said, I'd stick with France to save more travelling.

7. Re: Where to go in Europe for a beach holiday in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 06:18