We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greece for six days

Richmond, Virginia...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Greece for six days

Hi everyone,

I need some suggestions and advice. I am flying with one of my friends into Athens from Istanbul on Friday, March 14, for about six or so days (still deciding). We are flying out of Istanbul for the US on Sunday, March 23. We would like to arrive back into Istanbul on Thursday/Friday.

I would like a couple ideas of places to go in such a short stay. We are two guys, in our mid-20s, experienced world travelers. We are looking for some cool sights to visit, interesting culture, and it would be a plus if destinations youthful and has a good nightlife. Probably only have time for two destinations.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greece for six days

Hi there

With just 5-6 full days I would be inclined to use Athens as your base, see the major sights in the city, maybe see one or two of the closer mainland sights and if you wanted to visit an island, take a daytrip to one of the close by Saronic Gulf islands, easily reached from Piraeus.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,020 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greece for six days

Athens has great sights as everyone knows, but great nightlife too.

http://www.athensguide.com/nightlife.html

inyourpocket.com/greece/athens/Nightlife/Bars

You may want to have a look on Nafplio as a second base, pleasant sea-side town a couple of hours bus ride away of Athens. Its old town is very scenic, beautiful harbor, nice artisty lanes with shops, taverns, bars. It serves as a gate to many great surrounding sites too

visitnafplio.com/visitnafplio.com/Home.html

Richmond, Virginia...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Greece for six days

Great. I appreciate both of your suggestions. This will be very helpful. Thank you.

Edited: 24 February 2014, 06:06
4. Re: Greece for six days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 05:17