We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos or Santorini ?

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Topic
Mykonos or Santorini ?

Hello,

I am planning a trip with my family to visit either Mykonos or Santorini in late May/ early June. It'll be 4 adults and 5 kids. 2 around the age of 16. 2 at age 11 and one is 7. Because it is a family trip we're looking for something relaxing yet adventurous as well for the kids. Not too crazy about a nightlife scenery. We don't have a budget for this trip. As it is our annual family trip for this year. We're looking to stay for a week including the weekend. Any tips or suggestions would be helpful! :)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,879 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mykonos or Santorini ?

hi..santorini is not really made for kids (the beaches are mainly not sand but rocky and volcanic grid),and some hotels in the caldera don't even allow them..on the other hand mykonos is famous for the nightlife,although there are good beaches..they both are by far the most expensive greek islands..

how about naxos? way cheaper and great beaches fo the kids..trip report and beautiful photos here

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189431-i1324-k6…

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,113 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mykonos or Santorini ?

I second the advice to look up Naxos. St. George beach as activities for all the children, and the beacis shallow and close to town.

Look up thos blog from donnyb to get an idea of the island:

http://tinyurl.com/mss35hd

3. Re: Mykonos or Santorini ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 06:17