My wife and I, in our mid-fifties and from India, are planning our first trip to Greece, starting 21st April to 3rd May. We like history and are not much of beach people.
The places we wish to cover, at least, are:
1. Athens - 3 days including transit
2. Delphi - 1 day
3. Meteoras - 2 days, 1 night
4. Santorini - 2 days
A few questions to which we need help are:
1. Should we drop any of the above and include anything else?
2. In any case, we'll need one more place, perhaps an island. Which one?
3. Except a conducted tour, is it possible to go to Delphi and then to Meteora and return to Athens in one trip? Or, should we come back to Athens from Delphi same day and go to Meteora by train and return next day?
4. Any other thoughts/suggestions?