We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crete,corfu,halkadiki or cyprus

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
crete,corfu,halkadiki or cyprus

Hi need help we are a family of four,two adults 40 ish one teen of 18 & one 14,we are looking at going on holiday two weeks in July as we like nice weather need help on destination we have been to Cyprus protaras many times like the sandy beaches warm sea but would like a change we went to Zante Tsilivi last two years and loved the friendly atmosphere the size of the resort and no drunken young groups, we need sandy beaches nice town with not clubs everywhere but enough to do ,watersports on the beach and amenities ,we did like the scenery of Zante low rised buildings,lovely olive trees etc and people were friendly if any ideas on two bed apartments as well .

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: crete,corfu,halkadiki or cyprus

hi..take a look at naxos..st.george's beach is 10 minutes away from naxos town..

also due to the wind naxos has watersports.like surfing

check donnyb's travelblog

mygreecetravelblog.com/2014/…

and trip report with beautiful photos

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189431-i1324-k6…

i am sure he will answer too,and add more details.

also here is a trip report for naxos from a teen girl

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189431-i1324-k6…

Edited: 15 March 2014, 10:29
Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: crete,corfu,halkadiki or cyprus

Thanks will do in regard to watersports skiing,banana boat etc just something to look at while on the beach.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,808 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: crete,corfu,halkadiki or cyprus

Hi there

If you like Tsilivi then you may also like Stalis I think they are both very similar, any way a look and see what you think

I don't stay in Stalis but if you do decide you like the look of it then re- post on the Crete forum and I am sure that npj60 will be able to give you some help with accommodation.

http://www.east-crete.com/stalida-stalis.htm

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: crete,corfu,halkadiki or cyprus

Hi did have look on you tube but thought it might be more for groups lads girls etc.thanks

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,808 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: crete,corfu,halkadiki or cyprus

Hi again

Ok if Stalis a bit too OTT then have a look at Agios Nikolaos .......very Greek, four good beaches and loads of tavernas ...much more traditional , with a good Choice of accomodation

explorecrete.com/crete-east/Agios-Nikolaos.h…

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: crete,corfu,halkadiki or cyprus

Stalis is not a resort that attracts single groups of young lads or girls, they go to the neighbouring resort of Malia. The two places are like chalk and cheese.

Stalis is orientated towards and primarily visited by families & couples. It is plenty lively enough with its wide choice of bars, restaurants & tavernas but is set in a relaxed laid back atmosphere. It has no clubs or groups of drunken young 18-30s' and has a lovely long sandy beach lined at the back by bars & tavernas. It also attracts many repeat visitors who return year after year.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: crete,corfu,halkadiki or cyprus

Thanks will take another look.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: crete,corfu,halkadiki or cyprus

If you can recommend any spacious apartments that r walking distance to the town but not where noise is and not far from beach that would be great.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: crete,corfu,halkadiki or cyprus

The first two accom options that spring to mind, given your wishlist, are Latania Apts and Sunshine Apts. They are situated just up a lane off the beach road and in a relatively quiet location, the former less than one min up the lane and the latter just beyond. Both are very popular, enjoy good reviews and are no more than one min to the nearest beach and 2 mins to the start of the main beach and resort centre. Also, close to many of the good bars & restaurants, shops and other ameneties.

Also have a look at Eri Apts and Panorama Apts in the resort centre and across the other side of the beach road from the main beach. In addition, the Soleil Apts are small & friendly apartments right on the beach in the resort centre.

There are many other SC accom options I could recommend but have a look at the above ones first. If, after that, you want further options please ask. Note that there are some really good accom options up along the main road and just a few mins walk down to the beach road and resort centre, but I have avoided mentioning any of these as you specifically mention "noise". Having said that, at many of the accom along the main road the traffic noise is not much of an issue. We actually always stay in one of them (La Luna I Apts) and it is fine, if not we wouldn't stay there.

You mention watersports in your opening post and Stalis main beach has a good choice available, including parascending. Add to that the bars & tavernas which line the back of it, Stalis beach is a great place to spend days in and around during your holiday.

10. Re: crete,corfu,halkadiki or cyprus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 13:19