We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Over 50

Oshawa. Ontario
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Over 50

Any suggestions for greek islands for the over 50 age group?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Over 50

All of them! Seriously something for all tastes on most of the islands.

But if you want me to narrow it down to 1 then choose Kefalonia.

A bit more info from you will help us to help you, for example.

Time of year

Who's going

Dislikes

Budget

And so on.....

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,402 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Over 50

I am over 60 but age dont limit me from visiting any islands Kefalonia may be good, popular by Brits I have heard. Scandinavians tends to have a hang-up for the Cyclades or Dodecaneses. Most people from USA and Australia have only heard of Santorini and Mykonos, and pile up there.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,093 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Over 50

All of them, you see people over 70 backpacking around the islands, that includes Ios as well....

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
4,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Over 50

Age is irrelevant. What are your interests, what do you want to see and do, do you want lively, touristy places or an "away from it all" experience, will you hire a car, do you want a luxury hotel, self catering villa or apartment, basic rooms ... Please help us to to help you.

Oshawa. Ontario
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Over 50

Thank-you all for your feedback. My apologies, we've not been to Greece or it's islands before and the forums are great but a little overwhelming with ideas at times. We're a Canadian couple who enjoy interacting with the local population and international travellers alike.

More to the point our specifics are:

- 2 adults travelling late May or early June for a 2 week trip to celebrate retirement

- away from it all quiet relaxing upscale boutique/small inn/B&B with pool

-accommodations that re relatively close to beaches & restaurants

Oshawa. Ontario
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Over 50

Thank-you all for your feedback. My apologies, we've not been to Greece or it's islands before and the forums are great but a little overwhelming with ideas at times. We're a Canadian couple who enjoy interacting with the local population and international travellers alike.

More to the point our specifics are:

- 2 adults travelling late May or early June for a 2 week trip to celebrate retirement

- away from it all quiet relaxing upscale boutique/small inn/B&B with pool

-accommodations that re relatively close to beaches & restaurants

7. Re: Over 50

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 22:05
8. Re: Over 50

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 22:05
Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
4,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Over 50

I favour the mainland where I can recommend two beautiful, quiet and relaxing places that would suit your requirements: Kardamili http://www.kardamili-greece.com/ and Gialova where I can recommend the lovely little Hotel Zoe http://zoeresort.com/

If you are set on an island destination I'm sure others will recommend some that might suit you.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
677 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Over 50

Don't go to Santorini or Mykonos.