We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Greek Island should I visit?

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Which Greek Island should I visit?

I'm want to go to a Greek Island this august and want to know where is the best place to stay?

I would like to stay somewhere with a beautiful white sand, blue water beach which is good for snorkelling and also in/near a nice traditional (preferably blue and white) greek town which has lot's of cafes, restaurants and markets. Also I would like to stay away from all the nightlife and party areas but I dont want to stay somewhere too quiet! Where would you recommend? Thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Greek Island should I visit?

Hey and welcome Kris2016:-) Firstly, be aware that August is the *peakest* of peak Season.. finding a more quiet place can be a bit of a challenge albeit not impossible:-) Blue/white is characteristic of the Cycladic Isles so you may want to check out Naxos, Paros.. Ios as well.. all offering magnificent beaches but do be aware also of the fact that snorkeling is best done on more rockly/pebbly beaches;-)

Having said that, if you are looking for a direct flight from the UK, that can change things a bit since the isles serviced by the package or direct charter deals are more limited.. and in August, certainly more packed! You may also want to check out Skiathos and Lemnnos;-) Happy planning.. and EnJOY!

2. Re: Which Greek Island should I visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 07:15