We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1am ferry depart from Santorini to Athens

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
1am ferry depart from Santorini to Athens

Hi all, Im wondering if its possible to kill time in Fira (or anywhere else) to take the 1.30am ferry from Santorini to Athens? My pals want to cut down a night of hotel in Santorini but that means that we have to carry our luggage with us during the waiting. Any suggestions?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1am ferry depart from Santorini to Athens

Hey and welcome Angelica M:-) For the most part, hotels won't have a problem holding your luggage for you after checking out.. common practice.. would just ask where you're staying:-) As far as places to hang out in Fira.. there will be loads (depending on when you're going).. 1a is early in Greece and especially on the isles in Season;-) EnJOY!

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1am ferry depart from Santorini to Athens

I havent book the hotel yet, thinking either to stay at Fira or Imerovigli, any advice on this would be much appreciated! Also, what kind of places can we hang around? Bar or restaurant?

Kamala, Thailand
Level Contributor
578 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1am ferry depart from Santorini to Athens

You can "hang around" anywhere that's open and to which you are giving your custom! Restaurants will be open late, and of course bars will only just be getting going at midnight!

Many of my Greek friends don't even THINK about going out to eat and drink until midnight when they are on holiday! At 9pm they are still asleep after their day on the beach!

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1am ferry depart from Santorini to Athens

Hello! I was wondering how do you get from Fira to Port Athinios if you are catching the 1.30am ferry out of Santorini to Athens? Are there still bus services available?

5. Re: 1am ferry depart from Santorini to Athens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 07:16