We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Days in Greece

Dublin, Ireland
7 posts
Save Topic
5 Days in Greece

Hi everyone!

We are travelling to Greece for exactly 5 Days ( 31st May to 5th June). The flights are from Athens. We reach Athens on 31st and leave back on 5th June.

I know from the forums that it is barely difficult to see Greece but still can you help me in advising what would be the best option available for us?

Option1. Athens- Crete

Option2. Crete- Santorini

Option3. Athens-Santorini

Option4. Any other recommendation?

And we prefer to touch 2 places instead of going just one? If I have to prioritise our choice of places then it would be beaches, nature beauty, Kids places and less of Athens history.

Sorry if the question is tough but I am looking to utilize the best out of 5 days so asking all the experts and people who know Greece more than us.

I would also like to cover the top 2-3 places of the above destinations if I can. Athens some of the places would be good to cover as well.

Thank you for taking out time to help me

DK

Edited: 02 May 2014, 17:04
Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
May Hotel
May Hotel
147 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
new
Level Contributor
463 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Days in Greece

Few more options:

Athens/Naxos or Paros

Santorini/Naxos or Paros

Athens or Santorini/Paros/Antiparos

Naxos, Paros and Antiparos have nice beaches and nature. Antiparos is very easy accessible from Paros with a frequent ferry line from Pounta, so you could cover three islands or Athens and two islands. These islands are not too big compared to Crete, so it would be easier to visit more for less time. Car rental would be very useful or you can use great bus service.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Antiparos
Antiparos
Cyclades, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Dublin, Ireland
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Days in Greece

Thank you for your reply, Since we have 5-6 days in Greece so I was thinking to spend 1 or 1.5 Day in Athens and then spend last 3.1/2 Days in Santorini. What do you think?

Do you think we will be able to enjoy Santorini

We can take flight to Santorini.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
new
Level Contributor
463 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Days in Greece

Always is better to save the last part of vacation for Athens if you are going home by flight through Athens, just in case of some unplanned delays in transportation. With 3 days at Santorini you can have very pleasant time there and time to see something primary for you in Athens. These halves will probably will be spent in transportation and to pack/unpack :)

Edited: 02 May 2014, 21:37
Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
new
Level Contributor
463 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 Days in Greece

Considering the amount of time that you have, flight is much better solution.

5. Re: 5 Days in Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 06:16