We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Greece

Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Greece

Trying to plan our September Honeymoon in Greek Islands. We would like to go All Inclusive. Have looked around and see Club Med, Aquis and Mitsis offer all inclusive options? Any recommendations?

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,679 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Greece

Hi and welcome,

My only recommendation is that you don't go All Inclusive for three reasons.

First All Inclusive in Greece is, in general, not done well.

Second the profits all go to international companies instead of staying in the country

Third you will not experience the joy of finding some great local taverna or café/bar that will mean so much to your memories in the future.

There are over 100 Greek inhabited islands. You will get much better answers if you let us know your interests - walking, adventure trips, nature study, etc., etc..

Happy planning for wedding and honeymoon

Bob

2. Re: Honeymoon in Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 09:35
Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,032 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Greece

Hi there

Greece is a wonderful country for a honeymoon.....but sorry I too am going to try and persuade you not to go AI .....I don't see what is romantic about sitting in an over crowded restaurant eating re cycled food ...and worse having to queue up for your food..just like some school canteen :-( and yes I have stayed in an AI ...once actually staying in one of the aquis group of hotels...adults only..they sell it as best AI, if that's one of the better ones then I dread to think what the rest are like!!!!......I tried the food for a few days and then decided to eat out for the evening meal every night ........ So do look at some B&B or SC accommodation as a comparison...as a guide we spend around 100 euros a day for us both that's eating out twice a day, drinks, including proper cocktails :-) and car hire and petrol too...

When are you considering travelling in September as some island can start to get a bit chilling towards the end of the month?

Edited: 16 May 2014, 09:18
4. Re: Honeymoon in Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:17