We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My 3 week Greece Itenerary

San Marcos...
10 posts
Save Topic
My 3 week Greece Itenerary

Ok, got a draft of my Greece itinerary:

Sunday, August 10, 2014 Athens Arrive in the morning.

Monday, August 11, 2014 Athens

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 Delphi (or Galaxidi)

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 Meteora

Thursday, August 14, 2014 Corfu

Friday, August 15, 2014 Corfu

Saturday, August 16, 2014 Naupactus or Patras?

Sunday, August 17, 2014 Kalamata

Monday, August 18, 2014 Epidavros

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 Paros

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 Mykonos

Thursday, August 21, 2014 Naxos

Friday, August 22, 2014 Naxos

Saturday, August 23, 2014 Santorini

Sunday, August 24, 2014 Santorini

Monday, August 25, 2014 Santorini

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 Santorini

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 Heraklion (Crete)

Thursday, August 28, 2014 Elafonissi (Crete)

Friday, August 29, 2014 Chainia (Crete)

Saturday, August 30, 2014 Heraklion (Crete)

Sunday, August 31, 2014 Athens

Monday, September 01, 2014 Athens Fly off in the Afternoon.

The destination is where I'll be spending the night. Planning to rent a car for the mainland, hopefully one that I can take with me on a ferry to Corfu and back. Then rent another one on Crete for riding around there. All the island hopping is to be done with Ferries.

Is there somewhere interesting to stop and spend a night around West/North-West Greece? The ferry+drive from Corfu all the way down to Patras seems a little tougher then necessary. Where should I shave a night off to do so? Athens? Or maybe one of the days on Santorini or Naxos?

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My 3 week Greece Itenerary

There seems to be way way too much in this itinerary for me. In the Cyclades part I would cut out one or two of the islands. You need at least two nights on each island, preferably three. If you insist on going to them all it makes more sense to swap Mykonos and Paros. On Crete beware that that you are going to be travelling long distances on roads that aren't good. I would think Heraklion to Elafonisi would take at least 5 hours driving.

Edited: 24 May 2014, 12:21
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,354 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My 3 week Greece Itenerary

For the islands:

Be aware that even if distances between islands don't look far every time you get up and move the best part of one day will be lost from your itinerary (you shall pack\unpack, check out and in of hotels, transport to and from ports, some waiting time in ports, time for embarking\disembarking and the actual time used for the journey). You will also have to adjust to the ferry schedules departure time.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,446 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My 3 week Greece Itenerary

You need to check very carefully with the hire company you use that ferry travel is allowed before you make firm plans.

Overall you are allowing far too little time for too many places on the mainland! I don't think you appreciate that driving in Greece can be time consuming. Why are you driving all that way across Greece for just 2 nights (which equals one day) on Corfu?

San Marcos...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: My 3 week Greece Itenerary

Well, part of the mainland itinerary got copied from a different itinerary that a couple used for their trip to Greece. They seemed to enjoy it, although they turned in their rented car and flew off from Corfu to the Cyclades next. I definitely want to see Delphi, so I was going to head north either way, seemed like going West towards Corfu next was a decent idea.

I'll think about cutting an island out of the Cyclades portion make it a little easier.

Edited: 27 May 2014, 17:25
5. Re: My 3 week Greece Itenerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 05:15