We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Greece

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in Greece

Hi, I am planning a 2 weeks holiday in Greece. Any advice the number of days I should be spending in Santorini, Mykonos or the Greek Island Hopping? Or the must visits/do in Greece?

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in Greece

hi,please try to answer to these questions so that people can help you

1) Where you are coming from - E.g The country or airport you need to fly from and if it needs to be a direct flight?

2) How long you are planning - if it's more than one place, how many nights in each place?

3) How many of you - Are you a couple, family, lone traveller?

4) What your holiday style is - Interests, sightseeing, want to hire a car, what kind of resort, is the beach important? That kind of thing.

5) Budget - Are you on a tight budget or do you want to splurge? Giving a figure in euros is better than saying "inexpensive" or "moderate"

6) When you will be traveling

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in Greece

Sure sure thanks!

I'll be flying in to Athens alone in Sept. I would love to spend more time sight seeing especially in Santorini, Mykonos, Crete and I am still reading up places to go.. eg. the red beach, staying in a cave house with beautiful sunset over Oia, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
new
Level Contributor
463 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks in Greece

I would take at least 3 days per each for Athens, Mykonos and Santorini. Crete is huge, depends of your trip plan, but even 2 weeks are not enough there.

Consider Naxos, one of the most beautiful island in Greece, between Mykonos and Santorini, has a lot of sights, traditional villages and great sandy beaches.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,137 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks in Greece

info for naxos here

mygreecetravelblog.com/2014/…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 weeks in Greece

Thanks 3titans. Looks like 2 weeks definitely not enough now that Naxos and Milos are in the itinerary too ;)

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Milos
Milos
Cyclades, Greece
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 weeks in Greece

Hey thanks athanasios for sharing the blog on naxos. V helpful :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 weeks in Greece

What is the best option for travelling between the islands, eg fr Mykonos to Naxos to Santorini to Hydra? I am planning to take a ferry (6hrs) from Athens to Mykonos as many reviews that the view is worth the ride.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Hydra
Hydra
Saronic Gulf Islands, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,137 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 weeks in Greece

hi,the only option between the islands is the ferry (apart from some very few exceptions of major islands connected by flights at peak season)..there is no dirct ferry from santorini or any of the other islands you mention to hydra,as they belong to different island chains..more info about how the ferry system works in greece here

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189398-i192-k63…

so you have to get back to athens and catch a quick ferry frpm pireaus (athens main port) to hydra.

but from athens to the first island (mykonos) and from the last island (mykonos,naxos and santorini all have airports) to athens i suggest a quick flight..much quicker than the ferry and you will use the ferrys between the islands anyway,so a flight is a good option..if you bok early enough it can be cheaper than the ferry..tickets here,check their low fare calendar and sign up for their newsletter for special offers

http://en.aegeanair.com/

Edited: 27 July 2014, 14:43
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 weeks in Greece

Thank you so much for the advice and the link to the threads!

Looks like I'm probably too adventurous to do the island hop in 2 weeks. Guess I would have to either drop Hydra or Naxos :(

Mentioned in this post
Hydra
Hydra
Saronic Gulf Islands, Greece
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
10. Re: 2 weeks in Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15