We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crete to Santorini to Rhodes

England
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Crete to Santorini to Rhodes

I'm looking to visit Crete, Santorini and Rhodes and was looking for the best way to travel between the three.

Was hoping to spend a week each in Crete and Rhodes and three days or so in Santorini, though my schedule is reasonably flexible to allow more - this would be between the 2nd week of June and 6th July when I must be back in the UK.

Would ferry be the best option(including the price) and in which order should I visit them - I want to visit Santorini in the middle, the other two I don't mind which one is first, so just looking what is the most convenient direction transport wise.

I'd be flying into Rhodes or Crete from the UK, and flying back by the same - so the trip will be in a one way direction, no need to return to each destination.

Thanks

Chris

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crete to Santorini to Rhodes

Hey and welcome Chris:-) From Heraklion in Crete, ferries take as little as a couple of hours to get to Santorini;-) From Santorini, there is the Blue Star ferry that does the overnight run about 3-4 times a week or every other day.. it departs Santorini around midnight arriving Rhodes early in the morning around 7a.. you can get a cabin for the journey in lieu of a hotel room for the night if you so choose;-) You'll find ferry schedules at www.gtp.gr/ www.openseas.gr/ Best.. and EnJOY!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11,999 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crete to Santorini to Rhodes

Hi,

Either direction will do in the order you have them, the ferry situation is the same. Ferries Santorini > Rhodes Mon, Wed, Fri 00:50. The other way Mon, Wed, Fri 16:00. arr Santorini 01:10,

Not a choice of sociable hours but that's how it is.

Heraklion <> Santorini has been detailed endlessly, daily expensive catamaran.

Overall rather inefficient from UK with so many direct flights to all three islands, dull overnight/fast ferry, however if that's what you want to do then no problemo.

England
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Crete to Santorini to Rhodes

Thanks for the advice - regarding efficiency flying to Santorini is VERY expensive, and as I wanted to see all three Islands thought why not try and see them all whiel I have time.

4. Re: Crete to Santorini to Rhodes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 05:16