We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Greek Island for us?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Best Greek Island for us?

My partner and I are looking to go to a Greek island in September. We are looking for the best island/resort that combines good night life (Not the "18-30" resorts like Kavos, Malia ect) and historical sites and good excursions. We also love the heat and sunshine, what is the weather like last 2 weeks in September?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Edited: 06 July 2014, 14:41
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Greek Island for us?

My partner and I are looking to go to a Greek island in September. We are looking for the best island/resort that combines good night life (Not the "18-30" resorts like Kavos, Malia ect) and historical sites and good excursions. We also love the heat and sunshine, what is the weather like last 2 weeks in September?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Edited: 06 July 2014, 14:41
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Greek Island for us?

Hi Jennifer,

There's certainly the possibility of everything you want in Crete. A southerly isle so should still be great weather late September in the main. Historical sites a plenty. There are two airports (Heraklion and Chania) and a huge island, so that needs taking into account, depending on the things you would like to see historically (and what available flights there are from your preferred airport). There are plenty of "resorts" to go at with no resemblance to Malia, and also the towns of Rethymnon and Chania. In themselves they can make a great base, due to historic old towns, a lively buzz on an evening, winding backstreets, plenty tavernas, and harbour areas as an evening focal point.

Edited: 06 July 2014, 19:05
3. Re: Best Greek Island for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 05:16