We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place in greece for two guys in their late twenties

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Place in greece for two guys in their late twenties

Hello, me and my friend are looking for a place in greece with nice beaches, enough activities to keep us interested for a week and a bit of a nightlife, I'm not talking anything too mad like kavos but places that would be fairly busy and we would have the chance to meet women. Would anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place in greece for two guys in their late twenties

Hi James.....and Welcome to the Forums....

Why not try Sidari in Corfu...

Plenty of water sports on offer, hire a quad bike; boat; car. Plenty of local coach trips on offer. The strip has plenty of bars and tavernas which has a good buzz in the evenings. There are so many different tavernas to try as well.

Why not pop onto the Corfu Forum and ask a few questions there to see if it suits you...

Fi

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,879 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Place in greece for two guys in their late twenties

a question is when exactly are you coming?if you arrive late september for example some places may not have good nightlife.

also,start your search by looking at which islands can you catch a direct flight to from your local airport..otherwise you may find an island you like but can't be reached from ireland by a direct flight..

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place in greece for two guys in their late twenties

Thanks for that , i will check it out :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place in greece for two guys in their late twenties

Hello, yes good point, i did write that in a rush! And i am actually flying from London, the second week of august for about a week :)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,879 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Place in greece for two guys in their late twenties

so you are landing in athens airport in the second week of august ?if that is the case from athens airport catch a coorresponding flight to the island of your choice ..

tickets for the local flight from the two domestic airlines here..

http://en.aegeanair.com/

https://www.olympicair.com/en

as for which island to choose,almost every one will have good nightlife as it's high season..i personally like paros,will you rent a car?

Edited: 09 July 2014, 17:49
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place in greece for two guys in their late twenties

hey thanks for the reply and information. We actually have not booked anywhere yet, I will look into paros thanks. Do you Parga would be too quiet? As I saw a good deal to there.

Edited: 09 July 2014, 18:11
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,879 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Place in greece for two guys in their late twenties

almost nowhere in greece will be quiet at the second week of august..i have never been ,it's a very -very charming town with many fans here on trip advisor,but i am not sure that it suits your likings..i have the impression it is more of a family -older couple's destination but i could be terribly wrong..in high season it may have enough youngsters to keep you happy,,start a new thread,explaining your requiremtnes in parga forum and i am sure people who know the area will answer..

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g189452-i9710-Parg…

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Place in greece for two guys in their late twenties

Great, thanks for your help. You are very helpful.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,747 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Place in greece for two guys in their late twenties

Hi,

No, definately not Parga, or indeed most package resorts/islands. If you like Costa type resorts then you might choose one of those.

In the Cyclades there is Mykonos, Paros, Naxos, Ios. The last would probably be an optimum choice. daily ferries beween them all.

All of those you can get to almost directly from Gatwick with a direct flight to Santorini, Mykonos, Athens, then a ferry. A package is unlikely but easy enough to organise yourself.

It's now hi-season & you have chosen the peak of that as well, so it's more a matter of finding a suitable flight and accommodation.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Place in greece for two guys in their late twenties

>>No, definately not Parga, or indeed most package resorts/islands. If you like Costa type resorts then you might choose one of those.<<

I've never been anywhere in Greece that could be compared to a "Costa type resort"!