We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naxos vs Paros? Which is better for 2 days/2nights?

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Naxos vs Paros? Which is better for 2 days/2nights?

Picking one or the other as a place to go while island hopping on my honeymoon....

strong preference anyone? or are they very similar? I've heard they are very similar, both with great beaches - Naxos is a bit more touristy, while Paros has a bit more historical/cultural stuff to see...

is this true? If so, then I lean Paros...thanks to anyone with input!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naxos vs Paros? Which is better for 2 days/2nights?

I'd go for Naxos. In my opinion it is much prettier island than overouristy Paros.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,525 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naxos vs Paros? Which is better for 2 days/2nights?

I 'd go for Naxos too. Rent a car and exploit it. It 's a very nice island.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,800 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naxos vs Paros? Which is better for 2 days/2nights?

I support the other two.

Naxos is a much bigger island, and contains a lot more to see and explore. On the contrary to what you have heard, Naxos has also more historical and cultural locations to see, and it has some wonderful scenerey with mountain villages etc. In my opinion the two islands are quite different, and Naxos much to prefer.

I also think Paros is more touristic than Naxos.

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
412 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Naxos vs Paros? Which is better for 2 days/2nights?

I agree with the other posts, Naxos is less touristy, less expensive than Paros with more to see and do. Thats not to say Paros is not worth a visit but if you have only 2 days then you wont realy see them both in that time, so go for Naxos !

As Nick and Greek Traveller said be sure to rent a car and see all the island not just the town. You might split your time one day to tour the island, a morning in Naxos town and the afternoon relaxing on the beach.

Once you've decided, if you want any more specific info, just ask!

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naxos vs Paros? Which is better for 2 days/2nights?

wow thanks everyone! I thought it was NAXOS that was more touristy than Paros?? I guess I heard wrong from some other people....

I will look into Naxos then! I have heard Naxos is a LOT like Mykonos. Since I am already seeing Mykonos on my honeymoon, am I better off going to Paros for a different island experience or does Naxos have a different Greek experience to offer than Mykonos?

Thanks everyone so much!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,151 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Naxos vs Paros? Which is better for 2 days/2nights?

jdro, i agree with the others and personally feel Naxos is a better choice than Paros, without a doubt.

As for a comparison between Naxos and Mykonos -- I just wrote a reply to your earlier posting that asked if the two islands are alike. If you'd like to see hundreds of pictures of both islands to further judge for yourself, feel free to check out my online photo album at the following link: http://community.webshots.com/user/donnyb1507

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,525 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Naxos vs Paros? Which is better for 2 days/2nights?

They definitely share many things, since they are both Greek islands and in the same region! :))

On the other hand: despite they share the same people and the same gorgeous sea they do have some differences in natural plateau. Mykonos is a harsh rocky island ( in simple words ), while Naxos is bigger and gives more exploring options. It feels like if you are trying to eliminate one of them :) i wouldn't.

Even if packing - unpacking may be a little tiresome, it's a pity coming all the way down here and not tasting both.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,525 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Naxos vs Paros? Which is better for 2 days/2nights?

DonnyB, you have made a terrific photo database for use of the readers. It is a tremendous help! ( while the photos are not only useful but nice and enjoyable too in the same time )

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Naxos vs Paros? Which is better for 2 days/2nights?

Thanks everyone...sort of blows my mind as i definitely thought Naxos was the more touristy, it's also on TAs hottest 2007 destinations as well.....but now I will definitely talk to the fiancee about changing from Paros to Naxos!

Thanks again!

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Naxos vs Paros? Which is better for 2 days/2nights?

wow donny, thanks for the pics of petasos beach hotel, this is where I will be staying in Mykonos! It looks fantastic, did you love it there?