We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

labour day in athens

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brasilia
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
labour day in athens

Hi, you all helpful people.

I am planning my trip to Greece right now and will be probably arriving in Athens on april 29th and leaving on may 2nd. But, I just read in a previous post that EVERYTHING will be closed in the city for labour day. So, I was wondering if it would be wiser to leave for the islands on may 1st and reserve one day more in Athens for the end of the trip?

Leaving straight for the islands is not an option, since neither the flights nor the ferries matches my arrival schedule.

Thanks a lot for any thoughts.

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: labour day in athens

Yup, you do have a problem I'm sorry to say. Alle musea and archaeological sites will be closed the one full day you are in Athens. It would be wise to reschedule but make sure you reserve more than just one day for Athens. You'll need it.

richmond va
Level Contributor
283 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: labour day in athens

Rescheduling is not am option for us. The flight arrives on May 1 and the ship leaves May 2...

Can anyone offer suggestions of interesting options that are open on May 1. Thanks.

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
348 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: labour day in athens

Here's an idea for a lovely walking tour of Athens you can take yourself. Just print out the directions and go! Enjoy your day and your trip to Greece...

greecetravel.com/hiking/walking-in-athens.htm

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: labour day in athens

And some more: http://www.athensinfoguide.com/walk1.htm

5. Re: labour day in athens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 03:17