We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tours from Athens?

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
220 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Day tours from Athens?

Hi,

I am considering taking the one day Delphi tour and the one day Argolis Tour through Peloponnese from Athens. Is there a great difference between one tour company or another? I was looking at the ATB tours. Is there another company that one of you would recommend over ATB? Oh, and should I book ahead? I will be traveling in late May and spending 5-1/2 days in Athens. Thank you for any info.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tours from Athens?

No need to book ahead in May...these are extremely popular tours and are bookable right through your hotel in Athens while there and operated via various tour operators that offer them locally...You can check out CHAT, Key Tours, Go Tours....www.keytours.gr www.gotours.gr to name a few popular ones:) Enjoy!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tours from Athens?

hi.

the best way is what litsa told you.

Philadelphia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tours from Athens?

Hi there - why don't you contact Gate 1 Travel? They sell lots of tours and day trips in Athens. I think you can book them even 1 month prior to your trip. We went on a few tours with them and they were great! Good luck!

ATHENS
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tours from Athens?

Even if you book through Gate 1 or with another tour operator there are only four companies in Athens doing such excursions like litsa told

key tours,chattours,go tours and hopin.com.All the tour operators collaborate with one of the above for their customers i would go for hopin.com because usually they have smaller groups than the others and they do their tours only in english so you do not have to hear the guide repeating the same things in two languages.

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day tours from Athens?

I'd suggest finding out the details of the day trip to Delphi before deciding. I took one in late May last year, and it was the most disappointing part of my month long trip to Greece. I think we spent at least 9 or 10 hours in transit to and from Delphi, and spent about two hours at the site. And they were the hottest, most crowded two hours of the day. Now, my attitude may have been negatively affected by the fact that the tour guide moved me from a window seat on the bus to the middle of the rear seat, but if I had it to do over, I'd spend a night at the village outside Delphi and visit the site first thing in the morning.

6. Re: Day tours from Athens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 21:18