We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attiki Metro area to Airport after midnight?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
242 posts
8 reviews
Attiki Metro area to Airport after midnight?

Hello,

I am looking for the best/cheapest way to get to Athens Intl. Airport from the Attiki Metro area. I have an international flight at 6am on Sunday. I am not sure what my options are after midnight on a Sunday morning. Your advice is appreciated, thank you!

15 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
930 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Attiki Metro area to Airport after midnight?

Your options are limited to the airport bus X95 or a taxi from where you are staying direct to the airport. If you are looking to keep the costs down then just get a taxi from your accommodation to Syndagma Square and catch the X95 bus to the airport. It stops right outside the departures doors and costs just 6 euro per person. You should aim to be at the airport for 4am to catch a 6am flight so I would take the taxi at 2.30 am to Syndagma. At that time of the night the bus will take approx. 45/60 minutes. There is plenty of luggage space on the bus.

Rest assured that these buses are reliable and punctual and quick and it won't stop many times on the way to the airport at that time of night.

Edited: 11 October 2017, 17:11
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,251 posts
80 reviews
2. Re: Attiki Metro area to Airport after midnight?

For a shorter & cheaper taxi ride you could go to Kifissou bus station & get the X93 to the airport, it will take about an hour.

athensairportbus.com/en/timetable/x93airport…

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
323 posts
3. Re: Attiki Metro area to Airport after midnight?

Last metro train from Attiki to Syntagma (direction Elliniko) departs at 02.05 on a Sat night/Sunday morning so you could use it to get to Syntagma.

The Attiki area is a dump so exercise caution so late at night.

Edited: 12 October 2017, 07:37
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
242 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Attiki Metro area to Airport after midnight?

Thank you everyone, my plan will be to take an Uber to Kifissou bus station. Then take the bus to the airport at about 3am Sunday. Can someone confirm this will work?

Edited: 13 October 2017, 06:07
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
930 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Attiki Metro area to Airport after midnight?

athensairportbus.com/en/timetable/x93ktelkif…

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
323 posts
6. Re: Attiki Metro area to Airport after midnight?

Uber is illegal in Greece,I suggest you download the BEAT app and get a confirmed legal taxi.

7. Re: Attiki Metro area to Airport after midnight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2017, 04:00

London, United...
3 posts
8. Re: Attiki Metro area to Airport after midnight?

May I seek please advice and guidance if Bus X95 from Syntagma Square is safe and secured, as with the location of the bus stop on Syntagma Square from Ermou Street during early morning (i.e., in light of same/similar predicament of early morning flight) out of Athens International Airport?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
930 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: Attiki Metro area to Airport after midnight?

You will be fine. There will be other people around. The bus stop is at the top right hand corner of Syndagma Square as you approach it from Ermou. Opposite Mitropoleos Street. There is usually a bus waiting there so you can just get straight on and wait for it to leave. If the ticket kiosk is closed just buy your tickets from the driver for 6 euro each and validate them on the bus.

The X95 bus will drop you right outside the airport departures doors.

London, United...
3 posts
10. Re: Attiki Metro area to Airport after midnight?

Thanks, Eamon. Appreciate the guidance. Would you say this holds true for single/solo travellers during early morning transits (between 3 and 4 am)? Have been reading on pickpockets observed in the area. Including notorious cab rides. Is this true to date?

Reply to: Attiki Metro area to Airport after midnight?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted