We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympic has changed some of our flights

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
412 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Olympic has changed some of our flights

Hi everyone,

We are travelling with family members ( 8 of us in total ) around Greece and Italy in June & July 2018 .

We had already purchased tickets in and out of Athens for 6 different flights between us.

Two of them are booked through Expedia and are a linked Olympic/Aegean ticket .... now finding that 3 or4 of the flights have been changed...literally from a morning flight to an evening flight so of course we can't make the connecting flight .

We are still in the process of working this all out but can't seem to find other earlier flights that would help us make the connections we need that day. May I just say accommodation is booked also so changing days is a hassle.

Just wondering if this happens often ? And do you think as summer approaches will they put on more flights ? Are these flights likely to change again ?

Very frustrating as with 8 of us we booked early as we knew it would be hard to get 7/8 seats at a time.

70 replies to this topic
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
445 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olympic has changed some of our flights

Unfortunaly flightchanges happens from time to time, if you have a linked / throu ticket then the connections should work , havent experienced a situation where i have got broken connections with all flights on the same booking,

I would contact Aegean / Olympic directly as a first step to solve that

concord nh
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olympic has changed some of our flights

One of the best things to do is purchase tickets directly from an Airlines rather than a third-party. You'll get better customer service and maybe easier to work out the problem.

I'm not sure if the change was due to High Season Traffic or just one of those things.

MANCHESTER
Level Contributor
134 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olympic has changed some of our flights

They did the same thing with my flights, except my flight was cancelled, but they didn't inform me. When I enquired why they hadn't informed me. I was told they would tell me nearer the time of the flight. Whilst I understand flight schedules change, surely there is a duty to inform passengers ASAP.

These flights were booked direct with Aegean

Edited: 12 January 2018, 14:52
concord nh
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olympic has changed some of our flights

I often get concerned when booking a flight with small airlines way in advance and wonder if the schedule will change. I guess that's part of the risk. Usually the schedule doesn't change but if it does it could throw your whole itinerary off. Booking directly with an airlines doesn't always guarantee results but for the most part it will.

'

I guess that's part of air travel but it would be nice to know ASAP of any changes to make adjustments.

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
6,695 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Olympic has changed some of our flights

I had a change from Leros cancelled 2 years ago. Aegean sent me a mail way ahead of the actual day and gave a number of details on contact points. After contacting Aegean by mail, it solved by them in a manner that was sactifactory for me. Without any extra cost, I was booked on a flight one day earlier and they also changed my connecting flight.

But before they actually did that, they contacted me with their proposal and asked if I agreed with that or if I had a proposal for another solution.

Can't get it any customer friendly than that I think.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,939 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Olympic has changed some of our flights

My MAN-ATH flights were changed some time back - a right kerfuffle as I had to not only change one to 3 days earlier due to the proposed change not getting me to meet up with a tour group but had to adjust my Lesvos flights to better suit. They had totally cancelled one Friday flight! Luckily I can be pretty flexible on when I fly. BUT I only found out by accident as Aegean never emailed me! Same thing had happened to a few other people who were only alerted by my posts on TA.

Methinks I will now check all my flights again!

MANCHESTER
Level Contributor
134 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Olympic has changed some of our flights

Exactly what happened to me. Cancelled the morning flight for me out of Manchester. Had to book with EasyJet at a higher cost or leave late at night and get in Athens at 4:50am.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
412 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Olympic has changed some of our flights

Thanks everyone for your replies. Nice to hear I'm not alone ;)

My daughter did get a phone call from an Arizona Number here on her Australian mobile and ignored it as she thought it was a wrong number but infact it was someone from Expedia via an Indian Call centre. He left a message that he was from Expedia. So thankfully he had made an effort to let her know of her flight changes 5 months out - Kythira to Athens then Athens to Mykonos. She booked that flight so she can have a few days in Mykonos but now that has been cut short by 12 hours...they now arrive at 11 pm.

However the rest of the family were not emailed or contacted regarding changes Kithira to Athens then Athens to Venice. Just thought she'd look on the old confirmation email and there she saw an Alert in RED. The Kithira flight leaves at night instead of the morning so infact we all miss the afternoon connection to Venice.....still trying to sort this one out. Might have to leave the night before and spend another night in Athens....which ofcourse isn't a bad thing just inconvenient when you have your plans all in order.

Has anyone ever been reimbursed if the new flight is way cheaper ?

Thanks for your input.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,939 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Olympic has changed some of our flights

I just checked all my flights & they have changed one of my 4 without bothering to contact me. They have seemingly moved me onto a 0530 MAN-MJT flight from a 0730 one which no longer shows on their website! TWO hours earlier!! Gee thanks Aegean! Glad I found out NOW & not as I arrived at ATH to see my flight had already gone!! This is just not good enough. They deffo have my correct contact details - evidenced by the number of marketing promotions I get from them.

If YOU have booked with them CHECK!!!!

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,939 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Olympic has changed some of our flights

On double checking & requesting them to resend my booking confirmation I find they have me on BOTH outbound flights on th email just received!!!!

And there is no way to contact them other than telephone to Greece!!!! Does anyone have an email address for customer service? I keep getting send round in circles to a Page Not Found screen!!!!

Looking on their website the flight they have moved me to is €6 cheaper!!!

Edited: 14 January 2018, 16:38
Reply to: Olympic has changed some of our flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted