We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Ferry from Athens to Santorini

Munich
10 posts
Save Topic
Night Ferry from Athens to Santorini

Hello Everyone,

On June 8th I arrive late in the afternoon at Athens. From there I want to head to Santorini Island.

- Is there a Night ferry / cruise from Athens to Santorini. Where can I book it?

- If not, then I guess I will have to take the early morning ferry from Piraeus. Do I have to book this in advance?

For the previous night is it better to stay at Piraeus, or Central Athens? Is the metro available early in the morning (lets say 5:30 am ). Any suggestions for the evening at Athens?

Thanks in advance,

Amit

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Ferry from Athens to Santorini

what about late night flights from Athens to Santorini....?

www.aegeanairlines.com

www.olympicairlines.com

having to pay for a hotel and a ship ticket maybe at last a plane ticket will cost you less and furthermore the regular time of a ferry to arrive to santorini which is 5 hours will be turn only to one hour flight

..there are not late night ferries...i think only one..a very old ship making the route in more than 10hours...believe will be exausted

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Ferry from Athens to Santorini

Fly, the prices are very reasonable. We took ferry's everwhere last year and this year are flying. The cost is almost the same but a flight to mykonos for example is 50 minutes rather than the 6 hours the ferry ended up taking last year.

3. Re: Night Ferry from Athens to Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 22:15