We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for Acropolis private tour w/11 yr old (July)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
11 reviews
34 helpful votes
Recommendation for Acropolis private tour w/11 yr old (July)

Hello!

We will be in Athens very early July. One of the things we would like to splurge on is a great private tour of the Acropolis that is geared towards engaging our 11 year old son. It would be just the 3 of us. He is very keen on Greek mythology and ancient Greece, but I fear walking around without a guide would be a bit dull for him without the guide to really bring it to life.

Does anyone have a recommendation? I've done some searches, but some personal experiences would be great.

Thanks!

Steph

Spydeberg, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
27,696 posts
39 reviews
120 helpful votes
1. Re: Recommendation for Acropolis private tour w/11 yr old (July)

Check options with Athens Walks. They customize tours to fit your requirements.

http://www.athens-walks.com/

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
11 reviews
34 helpful votes
2. Re: Recommendation for Acropolis private tour w/11 yr old (July)

Thanks for the recommendation. Athens Walks seems great as well, but I found someone that I feel will really be a good fit for us. I will be hiring Nadia Pavlikaki, I found her after searching here on Trip Advisor then emailing with her. I will update with a review come July!

https://www.athenstourswithnadia.com

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
38 helpful votes
3. Re: Recommendation for Acropolis private tour w/11 yr old (July)

We also booked Nadia Pavlikaki for a private tour of the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum at the end of August 2019. We have two teenage daughters, aged 13 and 15, and they really enjoyed the four and a half hours we spent with Nadia as much as my husband and I did. We have used private guides before and we all agreed that Nadia was exceptional – warm and friendly and so knowledgeable – she really brought everything to life for us, explaining the historical and mythical context. We highly recommend Nadia to anybody who really wants to make the most of their precious time in Athens.

4. Re: Recommendation for Acropolis private tour w/11 yr old (July)

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.