We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acropolis tickets and tour

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
13 posts
50 reviews
16 helpful votes
Acropolis tickets and tour

Hi. Many of the tours of the Acropolis says they are skip the line tours. But then I think I also read that you also have to purchase your own tickets into the Acropolis. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I understand that I am to purchase my tickets to the attraction, and then pay for a tour, and because I already have my tickets, I then basically get to skip the line because I have a tour. Is that correct? The tours do not purchase tickets for us; we have those and then we just get to enter along with our guide. Is this correct? Thank you!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
589 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Acropolis tickets and tour

The only serious and long waiting time sometimes +30 minutes is to get the tickets from the booth and its always advised to be there 08:00 that they open to beat the crowds and heat.

Since you have them is only one entrance for everyone!

From the time you've got the hard copies you go in with your quide

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
589 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
2. Re: Acropolis tickets and tour

I must ad here that sometimes the guides start the tour from the south slopes ! Suppose this is the exit if you start from the main entrance as I mention previously, is ok to start backwards you again see Acropolis of Athens from a different angle

Torrance, California
Level Contributor
103 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: Acropolis tickets and tour

We hired a guide before our trip. She bought tickets for us from a special kiosk just for guides, we didn’t have to stand in any lines

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
13 posts
50 reviews
16 helpful votes
4. Re: Acropolis tickets and tour

Hi. Do you know who used for the guide?

Torrance, California
Level Contributor
103 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
5. Re: Acropolis tickets and tour

Nadia Pavlikaki, she was great! Found her on Matt Barrett’s site.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
38 helpful votes
6. Re: Acropolis tickets and tour

We also booked licensed guide Nadia Pavlikaki for a private tour of the Acropolis and the Acropolis museum at the end of August 2019. We had to buy the tickets for both, but I can confirm that we went to a kiosk for tour guides to avoid the lengthy queue at the Acropolis. We therefore gained entry to both the Museum and the Acropolis very quickly and didn’t have to queue at all. Nadia was exceptional – warm, friendly and so knowledgeable. She brought the ruins to life, explaining the historical and mythical context – so much better than just wandering around without really having much idea about it all, as many other people seemed to be doing! We highly recommend Nadia www.athenstourswithnadia.com.

7. Re: Acropolis tickets and tour

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.