We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to get from Athens to Santorini

Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to get from Athens to Santorini

Hi I'm going to Athens in Sept. then want to get to Santorini (4 nights) the Myknonos (4) then to Athens to fly home to NY. Would you fly or take the ferry to Santorini? I' m looking on the Hellenic site for the fast ferry but can't find the port in Athens to leave from. Or should we fly? I'm worried about the baggage weight limit but can't find the allowable weight on the Aegean air web site. Then Santorini to Mykonos by ferry and Mykonos to Athens Airport to fly home? Help! Thanks!

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to get from Athens to Santorini

Use Piraeus as your departure point and see if that helps.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to get from Athens to Santorini

If you are worried about baggage weight then it would be better to get the ferry. The Santorini ferries leave from Piraeus & the destination may be shown as Thira.

If your last island is Mykonos then you have the choice of ferries back to Athens, going to either Piraeus or Rafina. Rafina would be my choice as you can get the bus to the airport from inside the port perimeter for 3.20 euros. It takes around 40 mins but the last on is around 9.20pm. After that you would have to take a taxi.

3. Re: Trying to get from Athens to Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 20:16