We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Athens in April

1 post
Save Topic
Weather in Athens in April

I was planning to visit Athens and the nearby small islands in april but am concerned that it may be too cool? or even wet ?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
926 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Athens in April

Hymercat -

What is "too cold" and "too wet". Coming from London, your definition might be very different from someone coming from Helsinki or Palm Springs, California. You can see the average temps in Athens here: http://tiny.cc/Nw9p5

With high temps of around 20 and lows of 11, I think April is one of the best months to visit Athens.

Level Contributor
283 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Athens in April

I was there in the middle of April last year.

During the visit at Acropolis in the morning, I only wear a T-shirt and it was more or less 20°C. During the night a light jacket was enough!

"Enjoy" your trip :-)

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Athens in April

It's not swimming time but it will probably be a very mild enjoyable and "sweet" weather.

As very correctly already said, probably one of the best times of the year to visit.

Oops, and. . . welcome in TA and Greece forum :)

4. Re: Weather in Athens in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 00:19