We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suggestions for Honeymoon

New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Suggestions for Honeymoon

My fiance and I are going to Greece for our September honeymoon. I have had no problem deciding on where to stay in Mykonos and Santorini, however, I am struggling with Athens. We will be staying at the Mykonos Grand in Mykonos and at Ikies in Santorini and will be spending our last 2 nights in Athens. I have looked into the Grand Bretagne and The King George, but their $500/night price tag is a bit difficult to swallow. Can someone offer recommendations for other hotels worth considering? Thank you!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Suggestions for Honeymoon

here are some 5 star hotel recomandations....

http://www.eridanus.gr/uk/eridanus.html

http://www.electrahotels.gr/electra-palace-

athens/index.html

www.ochreandbrown.com

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Suggestions for Honeymoon

Check the following site:

reservationseurope.com/hotel/…

It usually has special offers for the Athens Plaza. It is next to Grande Bretagne and King George and it is almost as luxurious as they are!

New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Suggestions for Honeymoon

Thank you! The Eridanus looks amazing and at those prices, we could afford an upgraded room.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Suggestions for Honeymoon

some infos about Eridanus....

in a really good price,,you can have a really big room by the European standarts,free drinks from mini bar ,jacuzzi,Acropolis views and 2 of the best restaurants of the city which is property of the hotel...

the location of the hotel actually is not in the preferable areas of Plaka or Syntagma...but 10-12 minutes walking from the archeological pedestrian of Ermou to the main attractions of the city and Plaka....

I use to recomend as the best 5 star of the city for its price......

whatever you decide check also the reviews....in my opinion is really good decision...

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Suggestions for Honeymoon

Just make sure you're fine with its location!

Other than that, it is a great hotel!

New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Suggestions for Honeymoon

Thanks for all your insight! We are from NYC, so we don't mind doing a little bit of walking and know that sometimes, being in the "prefered" area of a city is not always the most interesting place to be. :)

Of course I welcome more input, but at this point, I am leaning towards the Erdanius.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Suggestions for Honeymoon

Being 'seasoned' City walkers, you will Love Athens..truly a 'walking' City:) Have fun..Congrats and Enjoy!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Suggestions for Honeymoon

hi.

why don't you try the itercontinental in athens?it has one of the biggest rooms among other hotels in 5 star category in athens plus a nice outdoor swimming pool.

great roof-top restaurant.

Athens
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Suggestions for Honeymoon

Athens Hilton is also a very good choice. You can walk to Syntagma sq. or Kolonaki the posh shopping area of Athens.