We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special restaurants for honeymoon

Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Special restaurants for honeymoon

I've browsed through a couple of the threads on restaurants and printed out the list of the 2007 best restaurants in Athens....but if you were on your honeymoon, what would be the top 3 restaurants you'd visit in Athens?

We have 2 days in Athens this June, off to the islands, then back for one night in Athens before our early a.m. flight back to the States. Thanks!!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Special restaurants for honeymoon

Hi there!

May I say that some of the regulars of this forum are dedicated foodies! Some of us really LOVE good food and the advice we give is good! Honestly!

Now, the restaurant on the top of Lycabetus hill has glorious views of the city but the food IMO is below average. The restaurant on the top of GB is much, much better but the food is not great; it is very good, but not great.

Dionysus, I would say "no way", but that's just me; others might like it!

Varoulko is probably the best restaurant of Athens together with Spondi and Tartare.

If you want a restaurant with nice view and great food I would suggest Olive Garden (on the rooftop of Titania Hotel, Panepistimiou Avenue) and St'Astra (on the rooftop of Park Hotel, Alexandras Avenue).

There is also Galaxy bar and grill (on the top of Hilton Hotel, Vassilissis Sofias Avenue).

I wish I knew if you are interested just in Greek cuisine or you just want a nice environment, but since I don't know I will make a "combined" suggestion!

If I had 3 nights in Athens, I would do the following:

first night: dinner and drinks at Olive Garden.

second night: Varoulko

last night: dinner at Edodi (modern cuisine) or Paper Moon (Modern Italian) or Tzitzikas and Mermigkas (creative Greek) or Spitakia (Greek) and drinks on the top of GB.

Did I help or did I confuse you more?

Thalia

12. Re: Special restaurants for honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 22:19