We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally back home!!!!!!! Missed you everybody

Athens
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
Save Topic
Finally back home!!!!!!! Missed you everybody

Hello everybody!!!!!!!!!

We are finally back home after an almost 10 days trip to Central Europe, and it seems like a century to me....

Well well well. I just had a quick search into the forum and I see that I have missed a lot of happenings and events here. I see happy faces sharing pictures while planning next meetings. Will somebody e-mail me the pictures from the previous meeting too? Most of you know my e-mail.

Johhmie, Lita I hope everything is ok with you, please get ready for overseas flithgs the soonest possible. Nick how was Milan, I hope you did it.

Gas, Thalia and everybody else... just Cheers..

GVR Girl I just read your p.m. and once again, I' m afraid I have to stay away cause we are all so very tired, deadly weak. Kids have to get mentaly ready for school, everything is completely out of control.... Dirty clothes everywhere, lost books into the closets, I just can't put mysel in order.

But I will call you after a while, at least will you keep a slice of pizza and tsipouro for me?

About my trip now... We had a lot of Paris sightseeing, Asterix parc and Disneyland (I have to confess and say it loud that it is much more safe than what is heard, into the parks. I had a fear about kidnaping and pickpocketing but I never felt like that. Despite that, on Sunday morning, which was supposed to be really crowdy, I had forgotten my camera into the toilets and nobody had touched it, until my return, after 20 minutes. Also, kids were running around (of course always keeping an eye on them), oh, I have to tell you stories about that when we meet.

Sunday afternoon we moved to Paris to a small pansion and brasserie, which belongs to a Greek-french friend and spent our time until Tuesday early afternoon, when we continued driving towards the Netherlands. Our first stop was at the Haag in order to meet with our frinds and all together drove to a small beach resort called Wasenaar, for an overnight there st their country house, before we headed to Amsterdam on Thursday noon. This part of the trip was much more relaxing since we could leave all the kids at home and go out for dinner and clubbing. We had a wanderfull evening at the Mansion Club (modern Asian cusine and main stream beats) as well as the Dylan hotel. (Unfortunately we did not manage to visit the Arena hotel, aalhtough we had made a reservation which I was told is very interesting)

Weather in France was really warm and pleasant (T shirts only neither sweater, nor jackets. But Holland, rainny as usually.

That's all for the moment, soon I' be back...

Kisszzz to all, I really missed you a lot

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally back home!!!!!!! Missed you everybody

EO..so glad you are home safely, sounds like you need

a vacation from your vacation!!! LOL..you were missed my dear friend! Welcome home! Filakia polla,

"Papou" Johnnie

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally back home!!!!!!! Missed you everybody

....ditto...sounds like you all had a blast:-) Welcome back:-) ENJOY!

Athens
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally back home!!!!!!! Missed you everybody

Oh guys, Lita and Johhnie, I m glad you're there.

It seems that everybody else here in Athens is havin' pizza and Tsipouro.. right now.

You know, I think I m' gonna leave the people in this family and go join the others at Carol's place.

It will be such a surprise. Can you imagine?

I'l be back later...

I love you all....

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally back home!!!!!!! Missed you everybody

Hi E O and welcome back

Glad you had such a great time in Europe. Makes me wish it was time for us to go away, especially with the miserable weather here in the UK but unfortunately, we are not travelling till September. At least I can read your report and start to wish....:-D

Athens
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally back home!!!!!!! Missed you everybody

Hi GB I can only describe it as "fantastic". But as a matter of fact, as perfectly stated by Johhnieb, I certainly need a long vacation, after this vacation.....

So won't you manage to come south earlier?

I wish you could, so we would arrange a long night out with Kebab and Tsipouro, or whatever anhyway...

In any case, I wish the best, for you and your family

Ottawa
Level Contributor
960 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally back home!!!!!!! Missed you everybody

Welcome back EO! Glad you had a fantatic time and hope you can manage a vacation to recover from your vacation. Nothing wore me out like trying to keep an eye on my kids in a crowded place, though I may have to update that after hiking the Samaria Gorge.

Susan

Athens
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally back home!!!!!!! Missed you everybody

Hi Susan, Glad to hear from you,

well the Samaria GOrge seems like a piece of cake ......

Go do it,

it's amasin'......

Plese hurry up,

I can't longer wait til your arrival date

Ottawa
Level Contributor
960 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally back home!!!!!!! Missed you everybody

I'm hurring as fast I can -- my bags are already packed. Do either of your children collect stamps or coins?

Susan

Athens
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally back home!!!!!!! Missed you everybody

Not stamps,

mostly small magnetic creatures from Disneyland, Asterix parc and Paris (which of course I baught for them, as well as some T-shirts..)

HaleyB
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Finally back home!!!!!!! Missed you everybody

Welcome home!

My husband is trying to teach me how to say greetings in Greek, but I have no chance of spelling them right.

I sure know how it feels to need a vacation from your vacation! I can't wait to feel that way myself!

Please tell us more about EuroDisney. I very much want to go there someday. We go to Walt Disney World in Florida every year (so if anyone ever plans a trip there let me help you!).

I leave for Greece in 27 days!!!!!