We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please post here if you want Lita to stay until October!

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Please post here if you want Lita to stay until October!

This topic is made to convince Lita to stay a bit more so that we will have a full house meeting as soon as Johnnie arrives early October.

I need you all to do your best!

Bribery is accepted and highly recommended and I am starting with the offer of cooking a huge Greek feast at my parents' house!

If this is not enough, I'll throw in a drunk Nick!

Ok all! Let's see what we can do!

Thalia

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,306 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please post here if you want Lita to stay until October!

We'll distract Nick while you top up his glass! Promise to keep doing this until we have a drunk Nick, how long will that take?!!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please post here if you want Lita to stay until October!

Two and a half minutes!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please post here if you want Lita to stay until October!

Not long..lol!! OK gang..you all know the story..will do my BEST to accommodate:-) I of course WANT to stay on and keep Enjoyin'!

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please post here if you want Lita to stay until October!

I am doing my part here! Litsa the "Queen" of the Greek Posters here at TA, for those that not have met here, is a brilliant personality (and our very competent Skopolos destination expert) and Greek American who is my travel hero (we suspect we were seperated at birth..LOL) litsa has logged so many trips back to the "motherland" that she has lost count. A seasoned New York City girl, she flawlessly shifts from American to Greek, and her command of the language, makes me ashamed to speak my "spazmena

Elinika"..(she payed attention at Greek school, and I sadly hated every minute of it because I always got in trouble for using words like.."kouratha"and "pisino"..LOL..)

Good post Thalia, we will get her to stay.

We will have FUN..and as the Queen says...ENJOY!!!!!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please post here if you want Lita to stay until October!

Hmmmm ... I don't know... wih the US economy in the doldrums, can we afford to have the dangerous dip in New York City retail sales that might result from Litsa's prolonged absence??

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please post here if you want Lita to stay until October!

No worries! I will come in November and fill the gap!

Johnnie, kouratha? I was drinking water and I spit it all over the place!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please post here if you want Lita to stay until October!

Hey Litsa

Take a quick stopover at LHR and I'll smuggle myself into your case!! So peed off that we didn't have any time when in Athens a couple of weeks ago but we are still working on October.......

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please post here if you want Lita to stay until October!

Jan..buy Pottery Barn stock...Litsa has made their stock rise by 28 percent over the last 5 years!

Jan, any chance you will be in Greece in early October?.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please post here if you want Lita to stay until October!

HA! Great point JB! Jan, I'm basically a blue jeans/T shirt/sneakers kinda gal and get dizzy in what they call 'heels' (stilts!) here..and am sure Thalia will make up for any economic declines here in the City..minus PB, Crate & Barrel, Gracious Home, Williams-Sonoma, etc....GB my friend..please DO try an arrange an 'early' Oct extension..I'm not commiting just yet..but this case is getting stronger with every post here..lol!! Keep enjoyin' all!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please post here if you want Lita to stay until October!

Oh my! If we actually make this happen I will certainly have to get myself a man, get married, have kids, cause this is definitely a tell-your-grandchildren story!!!