We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logia Tis Ploris. Excellent restaurant, great meeting!!!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Logia Tis Ploris. Excellent restaurant, great meeting!!!

Hi all!

As you know, today we had a small, just-the-Greeks meeting.

Nick could not make it, so it was just Gas and me.

We started with Pasta la Vista. Closed. We moved to Athiri. Closed. Gas suggested a kinda British restaurant. Closed.

On our mission to find a nice place, a very nice combination of sea food smells intrigued our noses and we decided to try our luck at Logia Tis Ploris. I remembered that someone had suggested this place a long time ago and they were right!

We were welcomed with two shots of Tsikoudia, fresh bread and an excellent beet root spread.

It was so hard to choose, but we decided on crab salad, favokeftedes (like meatballs but made of fava), grilled kalognomes (like mussels, only better), steamed mussels, little cheese pies with dill, chips, and fried red mullets. And lots of tsikoudia, in case you didn't guess!

Even though we were quite full with all these, I proposed to take another plate of meze and some more tsikoudia. Gas chose chtapodokeftedes (again like meatballs, but made of octopus).

When we asked for the bill, we were offered some more Tsikoudia and cold watermelon.

Everything was so fresh and nicely cooked, and in the price of 64 euros!

The service was excellent, our waiter was kind and efficient.

Overall a very nice lunch, accompanied with laughter, old boyfriends/girlfriends stories and a touch of gossip!

When we decided it was time to go, Gas suggested ice cream at Psyrri and coffee at Plaka. Needless to say we kept on having fun and on our way back to Syntagma we made a GLORIOUS discovery!

The famous Zacharoplastio (pastry shop) of Chatzis has just opened a branch on Mitropoleos Street! Oh glory day! We will certainly pay a visit very, very soon.

So, yes! You must all be very jealous cause we had a great time and ate (a very small quantity of) great food!!!

Thanx for the company Gas! It was the best way to say goodbye to Athens for a while, don't you think?

Thalia

Mentioned in this post
Athiri
Athiri
242 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Plaka
Plaka
11,810 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Logia Tis Ploris. Excellent restaurant, great meeting!!!

Ahhhh....lovin' your enjoyin'!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Logia Tis Ploris. Excellent restaurant, great meeting!!!

Actually we had great time with Thalia...we walk all over the city...we talked about everything....and we had very good quality of food...ice cream at Pagotomania at Psiri and a coffe break at Melina cafe at Plaka..after i was saying to Thalia let me saw you this and this.....most of them Thalia already knew..like restaurants,buildings or places...we find out ...what we both didnt really knew it....on our walking i felt a hit on my back...and i turn right on Thalia side to see who was..yes...it was Thalia..!!!Speechless with open mouth..."Chatzis pastry shop"...!!!!by far one of the best pasrty shops !!I was walking inside upstairs ,down to see the whole place,and i was looking the goods in the vitrines like a hungry for suggar and butter kid!! Thessaloniki brand..the interiors was fab...with spaces to enjoy a greek coffe...(like the old good times..) and a fabulous selection of pastries and goods...really the winner of the Athens sweet home...as it can beat even the TA famous cafe Chocolat and Serbetia at Psirri...!!!

We also found out that the best sushi-asian restaurant of Athens,Furin Kazan, makes a really intresting renovation and in 2 weeks will be open...and we found some places like Athiri restaurnt at Gazi where we said..."We have to take Lita and Jonnhieb here",they would love it... the interiors and the project seemed fabulous...in case i have the link too

http://www.athirirestaurant.gr/en/

At last Logia tis Ploris was an afforable and quality sea food restaurant with good service....and i suppose me and Thalia we are the dream clients of the restaurants cause when we like a place we order a lot,we drink a lot,and we make the place our home...and the service richer by our tips: )))

Thank you too Thalia.....!!!

It was a lovely way to say goodbye before our vacations...

Kostas

Mentioned in this post
Psirri
Psirri
237 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Plaka
Plaka
11,810 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki Region, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Kazan
Kazan
Republic of Tatarstan, Russia
Athiri
Athiri
242 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Gazi
Gazi
216 Reviews
Athens, Greece
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Logia Tis Ploris. Excellent restaurant, great meeting!!!

Athiri looks fantastic:-)) This thread just gets better and better...Now I'm hungry..off to eat! Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Athiri
Athiri
242 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Logia Tis Ploris. Excellent restaurant, great meeting!!!

Cant wait for you Litsa...and we talking about the places we want to take you: )

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Logia Tis Ploris. Excellent restaurant, great meeting!!!

If we take Lita and Johnnie to all the place we are talking about we will need to make a schedule of eating every 3 hours, LOL!!!

I'm off to bed my darlings!

Nighty night!

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Logia Tis Ploris. Excellent restaurant, great meeting!!!

eat every 3 hours..why not!?

good night!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Logia Tis Ploris. Excellent restaurant, great meeting!!!

Impossible :))

Good night....!!!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
963 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Logia Tis Ploris. Excellent restaurant, great meeting!!!

Glad you enjoyed yourselfs--have a great holiday! (I'm hungry!)

Susan

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Logia Tis Ploris. Excellent restaurant, great meeting!!!

Where there's a will..there's a way:-) I'm always hungry anyway!! Sweet dreams all! Enjoy!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Logia Tis Ploris. Excellent restaurant, great meeting!!!

Sounds like you too had a great time! Wasnt suncobra going to go as well?

I want in on all these past boyfriend/girlfriend stories!!!