We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One of the most impressive air shows in Athens!!!!

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
One of the most impressive air shows in Athens!!!!

At 8 of Octomber at the beach coast of Athens at Flisvos(tram stop Mpatis and Flisvos,40 minutes with the tram from Syntagma,direction SEF)..in front of the sea ,will take place one impressive air show,it takes place every year but this time the air acrobat groups will make an unforgetable show...

Im writing this thread while im looking from my balcony the jets making their training for tommorow..and im just speechless!!!!

The entrance is free!!

You just have to take the tram from Syntagma....

AIR SHOW 2008 starts at 16:00

the participation teams will be

PATROUILLE DE FRANCE and FLYING BULL

I have to make it clear that it is really rare to be able and enjoy these teams especially for free...as are consider as the best air show teams of Europe...

I cant describe the show im watching now..and it is just the training..the jets are touching my house roof: ))

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One of the most impressive air shows in Athens!!!!

mmm Save me a seat!!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One of the most impressive air shows in Athens!!!!

Can you not put us a clip on YouTube Gas?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One of the most impressive air shows in Athens!!!!

Ill try Stoog..by the way the last year the show made from the british team,called Red Arrows,it was unbelievable..

I have already organize it from our last meeting yesterday..im going to pick up some members are in town from Syntagma and go to see the show...I wished you were with us today.....

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
833 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One of the most impressive air shows in Athens!!!!

What a great location, overlooking the sea at Phaleron. We try to get to a few airshows or flyins every year. My 12year old son is a real enthusiast. Have fun!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One of the most impressive air shows in Athens!!!!

Sounds fanstastic Gas:-) The 'paralia' will certainly be rockin' tonight! Enjoy all!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One of the most impressive air shows in Athens!!!!

Yeh Red Arrows are wild, they fly extremely close over my roof whenever they have an event here. (Would be great to be a passenger, eh?!) Wish I was coming along too! But hey, the sun is really shining here & I've got a mountain of course work to get through before Monday - - I could murder a nice cold Alfa, or ten. Enjoy the show!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One of the most impressive air shows in Athens!!!!

Enjoy the show gas...

As well as a visual spectacle I could imagine the sound....

Some of those jets are soooo loud!!!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One of the most impressive air shows in Athens!!!!

Wish I could be there!

Susan

nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One of the most impressive air shows in Athens!!!!

Sounds amazing! Have fun watching it. Wonder if GB will fly the CRAPS airplane in the show?

10. Re: One of the most impressive air shows in Athens!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 14:20