We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good neighborhoods for kids to live in Athens?

Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Good neighborhoods for kids to live in Athens?

Hello, we will be moving to Athens in a few months, to live there for 3 years. Our boy will be 3 years old. Any experts on the board who can recommend nice neighborhoods in the city to live, with playgrounds, etc? We'd like to stay in the city proper, but have a bit of tranquility. We have heard that Filothei and Paleo Psychiko are probably the best, but I'd welcome any comments!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good neighborhoods for kids to live in Athens?

You heard right. Filothei and Paleo Psychiko are probably the best and most expensive areas in Athens. They are almost right by the center limits (especially Psychiko) but it feels like youre in the country. For a nice appartment expect to pay about 2.000 euros rent per month.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good neighborhoods for kids to live in Athens?

Hi..yes for me Filothei ad Paleo Psichiko are the best....but my comments are if you have can afford them...they are the closest to the centre nice areas..full of green ,nice villas and parks...are you going to work in Athens>and in which part of the city...cause the quakity of life has also to do of how much accessable is the place you live from your work...and if it is close public transportation means like metro ,tram etc...

other nice areas...

Glyfada(golf part)

Vouliagmeni(the most expensive part)

Voula

Alimos (Pani hill)

Kifisia(Politia part)

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good neighborhoods for kids to live in Athens?

I live (and I grew up) in Papagos.

It is a very nice and quiet suburd, quite safe, green everywhere, and close to the Ethniki Amyna metro station.

I believe it is also cheaper than the ones mentioned above.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good neighborhoods for kids to live in Athens?

Yes i think Papagos...and some many toher places are good..but i was just impressed for the first 2 mentions....it was like im thinkin to stay at GB or King George...lol

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good neighborhoods for kids to live in Athens?

Yes, but sometimes if you find out how much a decent room at the GB costs, you opt for the Electra Palace! ;-)))

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good neighborhoods for kids to live in Athens?

Of corse...thats why they are many options as already said...

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good neighborhoods for kids to live in Athens?

Indeed!

There are many nice and many more safe neighbourhoods in Athens! No complaints on that!

Take where you live for example. 25 minites from Syntagma, 15 minutes from the coast, nice area, shops, restaurants... everything!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good neighborhoods for kids to live in Athens?

and playgrounds...lol...but not Villas....who knows....Thalia is matter of you know"economic level.."

the one will stay at the presidential suite will go to Vouliagmeni or Filothei...i think on this real estate thread....the question of what you afford is major....

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good neighborhoods for kids to live in Athens?

Certainly, but also a matter of personaml taste.

For example, I wouldn't stay in Politia or Vouliagmeni, even if I could afford it.

Besides, one of the most expensive areas of Athens right now is above Dafni. I wouldn't stay there either. (pulls chair back awaiting for funny comments regarding staying near/in Dafni)

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Good neighborhoods for kids to live in Athens?

Hello Gas... didn't forget you nor my promise!