We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dear Friends...

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Dear Friends...

The 12 days of Christmas already started but I just realised that my true love sent me a very important gift months ago: YOU.

When I say YOU, I mean all the friends I made through TA. Whether you are Greek or not, living in Greece or not, whether I've met you or not, whether we speak outside TA or not, has any of you realised what we have created here?

Anyway, I don't want to say any big words. I just thought that in the time when we all wish each other Merry Christmas, I want to say something different:

THANK YOU!

I appreciate the help, the encouragement, the gifts, the cards, the letters, the patience, the love, the visits, the long talks on the phone, the dinners, the coffees, the positive energy... I just wish one day I will be able to do the same for you!

May life and God continue to be generous with all of us in every possible way!

Love,

Thalia

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dear Friends...

Oh Thalia!

You already have done so much for so many!

ThankYOU! Let's all hope for a great 2009 & that many more friends join us on here & in person!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dear Friends...

EXACTLY, Yiassas. I'm in!

And the thanks should come from US, TH ... for the unfailing welcome you give to us and to all the newcomers. It's so great to have people like you on the Scene, giving us the Real Story about Athens life, food, entertainment -- and of course *** Shopping*** When I drop in on other (more boring) Greece forums, and see people asking in vain for details, I barge right in and say ... go to TA, there are *real Greeks* there.

It's a pleasure to be part of this far-flung family.

Happy Christmas to you and all.....

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dear Friends...

Thank you ladies!

It is true that I spend hours in research in order to give the best inforamtion on shopping and eating in Athens (and London, LOL)!

I know it's hard but I sacrifice my own free time for the common good and no matter how tiring it is at least I get the pleasure of helping my fellow man (and woman)...

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
777 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dear Friends...

Thalia...

That is very kind. I believe in karma, and if you feel as though you've been given a wonderful gift it's because you've done many things to deserve it.

Thank you for for being you, for giving the advice you do, for going out of your way to find out specific information for others, for being so kind n' considerate, for being so opinionated, for speaking the truth, for the open arm invites....

Really, many of us outside of Greece would not know half the things we do without getting there and experiencing it first. You give us a good insight of what to expect, but allow for it to be a special/surprising moment when it does happen.

It's so refreshing to meet such wonderful people when most of the people on the net are trolls, being vicious behind their computers.

So, thank you Thalia and to everyone else. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

~Nicole~

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dear Friends...

"My" Thalia, you my dear, are the gift to us. Friendship is a gift, open minds gravitate,I have been blessed throughout my life with opportunities

to meet the most diverse personalities, we expand our horizons with each and every friend..I am happy to have you all as "buds" as we say in Upstate New York . A little more than a week to go for Christmas,

may you all have a fabulous holiday season!

and most of all, Have Fun!!!!

nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dear Friends...

That's so nice Thalia! You deserve the thanks for all the help you've given, all of the friendship. I'm so glad that I was able to meet you-hopefully the rest of us will meet someday soon and the circle of friends will continue to grow!

Merry Christmas to all of you!!!

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dear Friends...

Lovely sentiments Thalia..........A Very Merry Christmas to you and all on the Greek forum :O)

athens
Level Contributor
689 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dear Friends...

came on thalia!! is it soooooo bad to search around athens shops and bar/restaurants?? :P :)

you keep the forum alive!!

May The Power Be With You!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dear Friends...

That's really kind Thalia.

In the nine months or so that I've been contributing I feel that I've made some lovely friends. If you all hadn't made me feel so welcome when I dropped onto here purely 'by accident' I wouldn't have contributed and taken part. I feel very luck and hope one day we can all meet up.

Happy Christmas and may the next year bring lots of joy.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,776 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dear Friends...

What a lovely message, Thalia. Thank you so much for sharing your time & friendship, as do many on this forum - the famous greek generosity & hospitality is infectious! With all these friends around the world it's good to know that wherever I go there is someone whose door I can knock on not only to say "hi! - get the kettle on!" but also someone to help in case of trouble.

Christine

PS Happy Christmas & A Merry New Year to the TA "police".