We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about sounion

Illinois
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
question about sounion

have read there are other ruins near the site. any info would be appreciated. thanx in advance

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question about sounion

Probably you mean Vavrona which is not near..it is about 20 minutes drive,,,,

Illinois
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question about sounion

thanx, but i know that site. i have a book that says 1/4 mile away??????????????

Athens
Level Contributor
565 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question about sounion

maybe it means the ruins that are under the temple and at the bottom of the hill close to the sea but it is supposed to be part of the sounion archaelogical site i think. What exactly is your book saying?

Illinois
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question about sounion

400 m away sanctuary of athena sounnias

i have been to sounuion before but was always hurried by tour guide. am returning in march and wanted to take the time to find this other site

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: question about sounion

The road into the top at Sounion is a one way system. You first come to all the souvenir shops (it's cheaper here to buy a Coke or Pepsi or ice cream than at the top in the restaurant). If you keep going you begin to leave the site, passing the KTEL bus stop on your right. Just as you start to descend, there is the car parking to your left. From this location, if you look down and to your right (NE), you will see a fenced off area which contains the remains of a 6th century temple to Athena.

6. Re: question about sounion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 22:19